What's this? No school?!?!?

tiredmommy

Our schools never close. Never! It's been four years since the last snow day! And they are closed today because of blowing and drifting snow. Good thing husband is working from home or I would have to drag Duckie to church for fish fry prep... :blizzard:

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
TM, I don't believe that our SD has shut down once in all the time the tweedles have been here (almost 10 years now). Not once.

I can't believe that your SD is closing - just doesn't happen in upper NY. Incredible.

Glad to hear that you have help at home today.

busywend

Everything is closed here, too, TM. We usually get one or two snow days a year. But, never does work shut down! LOL!

I had to gun it out of my driveway this morning hoping no cars were coming by. Snow was up to my knees. I pushed snow out of the way when I opened the car door! I hope I can get home tonight!

Lothlorien

Pah! This is now our 7th day. They are slowly wittling away Spring break.....which is actually not so bad for me, since they were off 6 extra days....which I end up losing my mind by the end of Spring Break. However, once Spring Break is gone, they will start adding on at the end of the year. They already go until the 25th of June.

'Chelle

Whenever snow days are mentioned I kinda chuckle. We never close schools here for something so trifling as SNOW :rofl: The last blizzard here, the school buses, even the city buses, didn't run for 2 days because they couldn't get through snowy streets, but the schools were open. LOL