What's with IM "away messages"???

Sue C

Melissa constantly has to let the whole world know what she is doing every minute of the day and night. I just went on the computer and her AOL IM away message is "shaving my legs, then off to the beach". Now...do any of her friends really care that she is shaving her legs??? :rofl:

Do any of your difficult child's or easy child's have to constantly let the world know what they are doing at any given moment on their away messages? Just wondering. If they do, why do you think this generation is like this??

Sue

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
difficult child has to let everyone know her every mood at every second of every day...it starts out with:

"Just woke up, need coffee, then will lay down with my pup"

and then...

"Pis.sed off cuz noone's around and I'm stuck in this he.l.lhole all day with parents who won't let me do anything"

and then...

"Looks like my love life sucks again...I knew it wasn't going to work"

and maybe...

"I love being alone and independent - thanks for not calling anyone!!"

and possibly...

"Enjoying some much needed alone time. Maybe see Jaqui later"

or...

"I am so pis.sed right now - no one call or I may kill you!!"

and lastly...

"Taking a shower, shaving my legs, putting on my favorite jammies and going to sleep - ahhhhh. 'night!"

She changes it several times a day and since her moods fluctuate all day, we never know what it will say. I left out the more explicit and foul language packed away msgs!! LOL.

Nancy

Yes, yes and yes!!!

They have to let the world know every little detail of their lives.

I like the ones when they are mad at me that say something like "if I was only perfect" or I was in a good mood until I came home".

My personal favorite is "whatever".

Nancy

Sue C

Jo -- Just like your difficult child, Melissa changes her away message numerous times throughout the day. Sometimes when she's mad at ex-boyfriend, she'll say things on her away message to try to make him jealous (they are on again/off again as friends), and I'm sure he could care less.

Nancy -- I've seen "whatever," too.

Sue

DammitJanet

Well I use away messages too!

Mine say things like:

Stepped away to eat dinner, brb.

Watching American Idol, be back after voting!

Dont you know I have some crimes to solve? Its either CSI, Law and Order or some other important crime show time. I will be back after I have finished my TV detective degree!

Playing with the baby, leave me a message and I will return it if I can still form coherent words.

K

Kjs

difficult child has several screen names. Three that I know of. There are times that he will have different messages on each one.
Most just say

Sleepy time

School

away...text me

homework

More general than specific at this time.

kris

<span style='font-size: 11pt'> <span style='font-family: Georgia'> <span style="color: #333399"> i think the internet has removed personal boundaries for a lot of people....not just kids. people don't think twice about posting all manner of personal business on message boards, away messages, my space, face book, etc.

too much information seems to be the order of the day....sadly. oh & it's not restricted to difficult children either.

kris
</span> </span> </span>