Why is it...

F

flutterbee

...that at 8 PM I can barely keep my eyes open and am fighting hard to stay awake, but at 2:00 AM can't fall asleep to save my life? :hammer:

Abbey

Spork Queen
Ha! I wake up like an alarm clock at 2am every night. I think part of it is the 'I'm getting older and NEED to go potty immediately' thing. But I just got off the phone with easy child daughter in IL...she's up too and does the same thing. She's watching the SNOW.

Abbey

susiestar

Roll With It
I am frequently the same way. My mom came over at midnight to drop off part of a project we are making for thank you's class. She stayed, Jess was up, and we all worked on various projects together and had a GREAT visit. Just a lot of fun.

We haven't done that in quite a while, but once every few months my mom and I end up doing a project until 2 or 3 or 4 am. And Jess seems to be on the same "Vampire Shift" that my biological clock likes. I have gotten to where I don't mind if she sleeps during the day as long as she gets her schoolwork done.

The essays and work she does late at night is often far more detailed and much better quality than work done during the "traditional" times for school.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Unless I have school.......it's the same here. And I've seriously considered going to bed at 8pm and trying to sleep, but the one time I did that I woke up at around 2am and was up for the day. lol So, nope that didn't work either.

When school's in I do attempt to go to bed at a more normalish time......say 12 or so. Sometimes I even make it at 11. BUT what happens? I just lay there thinking about how I have to get up early and I still can't sleep. ugh

Off to beddy bye now. Hopefully to sleep. I'm planning to clean today. We shall see what happens. ;)

Hugs

PS I blame it all on my mother. She worked 2nd shift while I was in hs and made me stay up to "let her in". So I'd be up until midnight only to wake back up by 5 or so for school. I got used to late hours and little sleep. It's a rare thing for me to ever sleep 8 hours. And if I do.....I wake up feeling lousy. Go figure.

meowbunny

I'm a napper. Ten minutes at 8:00 pm will keep me going for hours. I have learned to let my body dictate my needs when it comes to sleep and food and, most importantly, potty breaks (just can't hold it like I used to). So, unless you have a need to be up at 8:00 pm, take a nap. Stay awake at 2:00 am. (I would ask the kids to wake me up after a certain period of time if not a "normal" sleep time, though, just to try to get my body more in synch with regular sleep times.)

F

flutterbee

I did have to be up at 8 AM, which is why it was so bothersome last night. I've always been this way and my last job I made my own hours and now I'm not working and Wynter is 'homeschooled' so it isn't too much of a big deal. Except for when I need to be up. I avoid morning appts whenever possible. I'm so excited about my appointment with Cleveland Clinic except that it's at 10 AM, which means I'll need to leave here by 7 AM. :bloodshot:

Finally got to sleep sometime after 5:30 AM, got up around 8:15, got showered and dressed and MR/daughter called to rescheduled cause the lady is sick.

My mom always told me there was a place on this earth for people like me and it's called 3rd shift. While, if you call my mom's house after 8 PM, you're risking waking her up.

Oh..and naps. There was a very brief period of time where I could lie down for only 20 minutes or so. Before and since, if I lie down, I'm down for a couple hours - or so...usually more on the 'so' end. ;)

Glad to know I'm not alone! My mom always thought I was an oddball.

KTMom91

My internal clock is set so that 2 am is the best time of the day. If I could stay up till 3 am or so, and sleep until noon, I'd be perfectly happy. I can get lots of things done when Hubby is sleeping.

I'm in a constant battle to stay on a school timetable, and with Christmas vacation starting today, I'm afraid I'll lose all motivation to maintain that schedule.