.Why is it

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
when you have to be up early people can't leave you be?

I went to bed early and actually fell asleep. Well I think the phone has made its horrid noise about 8 times in 2 hours. Just often enough that I would get back to sleep and off it would go again. I was in ignore mode the first few. Didn't even move from the bed. Then when it kept ringing I figured it must be important.

The last one being difficult child 1 who asked what I was doing and I said I was in bed. She said oh and then proceeded to try and talk my ear off.

Now wouldn't you know I can't fall back asleep. Layed there for 45 minutes. Well flopped which in turn causes my back that won't heal (just a pulled muscle but been pulled for a week and a half). Now the pain is going down into my darn leg. Ibuprofen and the heating pad aren't helping.

Funny thing is the one person here at home (easy child) is the only one not bugging me for or about anything.

Sorry just grouchy and in pain and can't do anything about it. I know that alarm will go off way to early and then it will be worse because by the time I go to sleep it will probably be time to wake up.

Beth

susiestar

Roll With It
Beth, sweetie, that cord that runs from the phone into the wall is it's umbilical cord. Unplug the umbilical cord before you go to bed and it will be better soon!! Oh, and turn off the cell!!!

So sorry. If I wake up 2 times I won't sleep for the rest of the night. I have learned that this is a MUST!!

Susie Dees

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Beth,

Murphy's Law? Doesn't matter what is on my agenda, if I make it known to anyone, it isn't going to happen with-o considerable wailing & gnashing of teeth on other's parts.

I hope you're sleeping the sleep of the just right now. You deserve it.

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
Wish I were but alas sleep is not to be had.

I think I might just go to work now and get it done with. Then maybe I will be allowed a nap. Maybe?!?!?!

Beth

Oh girl!

You leave a note on your door that someone better be dead or dying if anyone is going to have the audacity to enter your lair with the intent of arousing you from your slumber. Have your unplugged phones nearby ready to throw at anyone who dares cross the threshold into Bethland.

Problem solved.

Fran

Former desparate mom
I can't unplug the phone either. Not as long as the kids are away from home. I simply can't do it. They are pretty good about not calling after the nightly news is on. Can you ask the kids to not call after a certain hour or ask whoever else is in your house to answer the phone(then unplug the bedroom phone)

I have another sleep question.
I want to know why on the days I can sleep in that I'm up at 5AM and the days I have to be up and out I could sleep until 8?? Anyone have an answer for that sleep question.

crazymama30

Many times I have woken up early on my day off to do home work, and then difficult child decides he will wake up too. I do not so much have the phone problem, but I agree with the murphy's law idea. Where did Murphy's law come from anyways?