Wiz has it

susiestar

Roll With It
Yup. Swine flu has got my Wiz. He is miserable. Mostly staying holed up in his room cause he doesn't want Gma or Gpa to get it. School nurse said the average absence for swine flu is 2 WEEKS!!!!!

He is very miserable, poor guy. He won't even let anyone give him a hug or be in the same room with him.

Hugs to all our family members with the oinkedemic.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
So sorry for him, sending quick healing prayers.
Now I am wiping down my computer!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Oh rats! I mean, PIGS! I hope it doesn't knock him down too hard and that he recovers quickly! We can't get the killed virus H1N1 vaccine ANYWHERE in my county, and they've even run out of regular flu shots. difficult child 1 needs both and can't take the nasal spray vaccine because of the medications he takes that are immunosuppressant. With our luck, he'll catch this bug before he ever gets a chance to have the vaccine or have it take effect. :(

Very frustrating.

Hope Wiz feels better soon!

Mattsmom277

I didn't think that was what we had here, but I'm second guessing. I've heard that it comes in 2 waves for alot of people. Start feeling better then a few days later, hits again. easy child, difficult child and I were sick for over a week. easy child was back to school Monday. Yesterday she had to call to leave early. Today she is spiking that fever again, coughing like nobodies business and miserable. She's missed 2 hockey practices and 2 games. She has a tournament starting Friday morning. I've already told her even if she is feeling better she cannot participate. I fear she'll push herself too fast and pretend she is better than she is. After near 2 weeks this sick, she has got to be weak anyhow. I know that I am. My fever resurected Monday evening too.

Sorry its hit your house. I hope witz feels better. What a sweetheart to stay in the room to not get others ill. Sending healing vibes

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
No H1N1 vaccine up here at all. We don't even have any regular seasonal flu vaccine available and there is no delivery date for even that.

I'm going back down to IL for the holiday and I'm going to stand in line at the pharmacy down there and get at least the seasonal flu shot.

I don't need to prove any sort of residency, just present my Medicare Card.

klmno

I'm sorry- I hope he gets well quicker by just staying in his room and resting. I'm sure he feels horrible.

This stuff is horrible- they have gotten it in the facility my son is in now, although the kids who have it are being kept separate from the others and they FINALLY gave the nasal vaccine to the ones who hadn't caught it already. Then they cancelled visitation for this coming weekend. I haven't gotten the vaccine- whenever I see where it's available, people are standing in line for it and I feel a little guilty tryiong to get one when there are higher-risk people than me.

smallworld

Sorry Wiz is sick. Hope he feels better soon.

When fever returns after being gone for 24 hours, you need to be checked for a secondary bacterial infection. That's the danger with any flu. Mattsmom, I'd get yourself and easy child to a doctor ASAP.

Abbey

Spork Queen
So sorry. Daughter has it...10 days out of school. I'm more concerned about the secondary issues. Horrible cough and congestion. She live alone, which is also concerning.

Hope it all passes quickly.

Abbey

Mattsmom277

I hope Wiz is feeling better today?? Give an update when you can please. (((hugs)))

easy child's fever came down overnight. I'm keeping a close eye on her today. If it spikes again, I'll have to consider options. We have no family doctor at this point. The walk in clinic registers at 5p.m. and sees patients from 5-8p.m. Monday to Friday. The lines are beginning by 1-2p.m.!!! Craziness. By 5:15 they have registered max number of patients, and the rest that waited are turned away. i can't see being able to stand in line that long. Physically I doubt I can. easy child certainly can't. Our hospital is closed to all visitors. Several patients with h1n1 on ventilators. Many others in regular or ICU beds. The wait time is "exceeding 8 hours" to see someone in ER. We seriously have a huge need for doctors in this city. Northern living has its pitfalls. We have over 15,000 here with no doctors. Our walk ins are FAR from enough. Our ER keeps only 2 doctors on per shift. They are overburdened and it leaves us all as patients very limited. ER and the walk in are asking for people to try to avoid visits to either if at all possible. I dont' blame them. Gosh I hope her fever doesn't climb again!