Wow.

Abbey

Spork Queen
I don't even know the words to describe.

It's my first night to be by myself. It's SOOO quiet. What a change. (Star WILL NOT fill you in on my drama.)

It only took me 2 hours to fill up my flipping blow up mattress, but it's done, and comfy!! I don't need Ethan Allen. Just give me Walmart.

I went to buy groceries when I came home and I ended up with milk, Cherrios and a box of tofu. I guess I'm not that creative.

Abbey

klmno

Glad to see you back!! Personally, I think you would have to be creative to make those groceries into a dinner!

Have fun camping out in the new place!! Fill us in on the details when you have a chance...

witzend

What happened to all those groceries husband bought last week? You're supposed to plug that blow up mattress in, honey! ;) Your cheeks must be killing you!

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Two hours to fill the mattress? What the heck were you filling it with? Enjoy the quiet.....could be a chance of a lifetime......but tofu, eeeeeeeyuk! Would rather eat paste.......Glad you're back.......

Estherfromjerusalem

Abbey, I don't know where you get your energy from, but I envy you for it, and hope you carry on having bags of it!

Moving house isn't fun. Try and buy some more wholesome food tomorrow -- or go out for a meal, to get some strength into your body.

I'm thinking of you. Good luck with everything!

Love, Esther

F

flutterbee

Glad to have you back. I'm sending an oxygen mask to recover after filling the air mattress. Goodness.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Did you get a pump with that mattress?? I don't remember it taking that long. But they can be comfy. And Cheerios can be a feast in the right environment.

I know I cherish those rare moments of aloneness and peace and quiet around here.

Be sure to get a good meal into you soon, though. Moving is draining. been there done that way too many times.

Hugs

TerryJ2

Hi Abbey.
Uh, yeah, I was kind of wondering how you inflated that mattress, too. :)
You have far more restraint than I at the grocery store. I would have ended up with-choc chip cookies, tea and M&Ms.
Enjoy your solitude.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Actually, when I finally had the proper parts, it inflated in under a minute. I was so tired that I didn't realize the pump needed batteries. Duh.

On a positive, I only rolled off of it one time during the night. Fortunately, it's only a 6 inch fall. ;) I woke up totally confused as to where I was.

husband's camping trip with the 3 birds lasted...well, until about 5am this morning. So, he's driving around until 3:30pm today with them until they can be boarded. That should be fun.

A funny...when husband called that he was coming back, I opened the front door and there was this guy sleeping on the porch!! He's a roommate here. I asked him why he didn't just ring the bell or pound loudly and he said he didn't want to wake me. He saw me turn off lights at 10pm, but still didn't say anything. He slept on the dang porch all night! He'd forgotten his key.

All of husband's dollar store food is here. These guys are looking at all these boxes with eyes wide open...FOOOOODDDD, like they've never seen it before.

Off to work.

Abbey

Genny

Worlds Best Nana
Okay, I feel so out of the loop. Where are you moving to? You have roommates now? How many? At least they're considerate!

What in tarnation is going on?!

Genny

TerryJ2

Genny, I'll join you. I can't recall the move-to location either. :)

Abbey, LOL about the batteries and the mattress. That poor guy on the porch! What a sweetie.

KTMom91

Abbey, I can't believe you forgot the ice cream! That would have been my dinner. Cheerios and milk for breakfast.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Okay, I feel so out of the loop. Where are you moving to? You have roommates now? How many? At least they're considerate!

What in tarnation is going on?!

Genny

Shortest possible summary. husband is moving to WI on Sunday because he has to stay here to do a job on Sat. Hence, the birds being towed around. (Don't even want to go there. His choice not to board them sooner. She was kind enough to take them in at 3pm today.)

easy child is going somewhere...supposedly college, but I'd bet it's not going to happen. He had TONS of stuff he could have taken with him, but chose to take just his backpack, which he left in my car, and that's it. Ok...reality time. I just left it all at Goodwill. I imagine he'll be frequenting in soon.

I am staying at a friend's house for the next few months so we can have at least some income and I can work on my book.

Honestly, I do not even know who lives here other than my friend and the porch guy. It's a big house...I think 5 bedroom, but looks like a dorm room. ;) They all work nights so I have the day to myself.

Genny...I haven't heard the word 'tarnation' in decades.

YES!!! What in tarnation is going on here???

Abbey

Steely

Wow Abbey........you are to be admired. What a bold move, to just drop easy child off with a backpack, leave the rest at goodwill, and up and move to write on your book. I mean, really. I need that much courage and braveity.

Star*

call 911........call 911
I don't even know the words to describe.It's SOOO quiet. What a change. (Star WILL NOT fill you in on my drama.)

I GOT SOME WORDS......STILL ROFLMAO

Enjoy the quite while you can - and oddly enough - when I am on my own the 2 staples i can not go without in my home are cheerios and milk.

Enjoy the time alone....

Abbey

Spork Queen
(Abbey is triple stapling Star's mouth shut.)

Gosh darn it all...I spent the last few days bonking my head for a corner and now it's gone. Who took it??? Toto? Steely? I NEED MY CORNER!!

Abbey