Yet more prayers

mstang67chic

Going Green
I just got off the phone with a good friend of mine. There was a nasty accident last night involving 4 high school kids.....one was hers. He's going to recover, thank God, but he's banged up pretty good. (he was flown to the hospital in the life flight helicopter along with one of the other kids) Two kids were treated and released but my friend's son and another boy were thrown from the vehicle and life flighted to another hospital. I don't know how the other boy is but Zach has a broken femur (just got out of surgery where they put a rod in), broken jaw and I'm sure what is one h-e-l-l of a concussion.

As I said, the docs say he will be ok but please pray for a good recovery and for the other boy. I don't know how he is doing at this point. The girl that was driving is also a mess emotionally. There was no alcohol involved. Evidently she swerved to miss an animal, overcorrected and lost control. I saw a blurb on the news before I knew who was involved. From the pictures of the car it is a miracle that anyone survived let alone that only 2 had serious injuries.

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
<span style='font-family: Comic Sans MS'>Saying prayers for speedy recoveries... Don't know how many times I've swerved for deer, dogs, or cats but have given up on swerving for squirrels, racoons or 'possums..... Never worth a human injury, but it all happens so fast....</span>

:rolleyes:

mstang67chic

Going Green
Thank you for the prayers and thoughts. There were so many angels involved in this entire situation. The fact that Zach and his friend were thrown from the car turned out to be a blessing in disguise. If they had had their seat belts on and stayed in the car, they would have died and that part of the car was crushed so bad. The other boy thrown out was released from the hospital that night (the news had incorrect information). Zach wound up with a broken femur and had surgery Tuesday to insert a rod. He broke his jaw on each side and had surgery a couple of hours ago to have plates put in and his mouth wired shut.......and would you believe he didn't so much as chip a single tooth?. His concussion has affected him (you'd think he was a difficult child with the things I heard come out of his mouth today when the therapist had him sit up on the side of the bed!) but it seems to be slowly getting better each day. Today was the first day he knew what year it was and he's recognized pretty much everyone who came to see him. It wasn't bad enough though that they had to do any pressure relieving measures so that's a good thing. I think he just got a major knock to the head and kind of scrambled his marbles a bit. They don't seem to think he'll have any lasting effects but they are keeping an eye on it.

One other angel involved area........turns out that the people in the car in front of them (who saw the accident and turned around and came back) were two first responders. The car behind them had a nurse in it. So they were getting care almost immediately. Thank you all again. The prayers are definately working.