Are things going to improve one of these days?

muttmeister

We seem to be in one of those runs you get occasionally. It all started when my friend's uncle got sick and she had to get him moved to a Veteran's Home. While she was in the process of doing that, she got a call from her brother: he was diagnosed with lymphoma; he was in the hospital set to start chemo and then they decided he needed kidney dialysis. Now he's in a nursing home (he's only 69 or 70) and will need dialysis for as long as he lives, which may not be too long (this is the friend and uncle and brother that I went on vacation with a few years ago).
Then my mother was diagnosed with esophageal cancer.
Then she had an episode thinking my father was in the apartment with her (he died in 1970).
Then on the way home from celebrating her birthday, she fell and broke her hip (or more likely her hip broke and she fell).
Since she's been in the hospital, difficult child 2s wife decided to kick him out. It is not an amicable split, at least on her part. Plus, they are turning off her utilities tomorrow because she doesn't have the money to pay the bill and I sure can't help her out at this point. So I guess the grandkids will be sitting in the dark. At least it's not cold yet.
Then yesterday, my best friend's brother shot himself (he had a recent diagnosis of ALS and had fallen a couple of days before so I guess he decided he'd better do it while he still was able).
I can hardly wait to see what happens today.:badmood:

tiredmommy

(((Mutt))) I'm so sorry there is so many negatives going on right now. It seems to be happening to a few people I know and I wish I had a way to change what's happened. The only thing I can tell you is to try to find something (anything!) positive each day: a pretty sunset, a delicious cup of coffee, someone holding the door for you. It won't change all the horrible things that have happened but it just might pull you through another day and make you able to face tomoorrow. Please know that you, your family and friends are in my thoughts and prayers.

lovemysons

Another here that is so VERY sorry that you have been surrounded by so many sad/negative things lately.

Just wanted to reach out and give you a ((((hug))))...and still sending out prayers re your mom.

Life is too much sometimes.
Be kind to you,
LMS

Kathy813

Staff member
Wow, you have certainly had more than your share of bad things happen to you and your loved ones.

{{{Hugs}}}

~Kathy

Star*

call 911........call 911
Mutt---------

Passing you my rhino suit baby---------and some new shoes. I think yours are too tight.

and some fairy dust in a salt shaker........and a kleenex, and a shoulder whenever you need it........

Hug your dogs........
Love
Star