Lil

Why is it on my home computer I see the little faceless man and woman for the people who haven't picked a custom avatar...but on computer at work I see the male and female symbols?

Totally unimportant question that is bugging me. LOL

Lil

I would have just assumed they changed the default...but it's different on different computers. Which is just weird, technologically speaking. lol

InsaneCdn

Do you stay logged in to CD board on your home computer? if so... you may not have picked up the latest defaults. Try closing out, and re-opening the CD board... and log back in.

runawaybunny

Administrator
Staff member
@Lil Thanks for pointing this out. It looks like when I upgraded the software a it replaced the default avatars with those symbols. I didn't realize that until I read your thread.

Things like avatars are cached by your browser to make the pages load faster so you'll keep seeing the symbols until your browser's cache is refreshed.

Try holding down the shift key while refreshing the page when you see those symbols and it should refresh the cache. If that doesn't work you can manually clear the files from your browser cache. You don't want to clear the cookies, just the files.

Lil

LOL I really don't care which I see...it was just weird that all of the sudden I see the symbols instead of the little faceless people, but only on one computer. :)