Casey Anthony Bombshell!

Once the forensic science stuff comes into play, which will be soon, they'll prove this wasn't an accident. The defense won't be able to explain away the chloroform, the neighbor guy saying how Casey borrowed a shovel that day, after backing her car into the garage...something she's never done, while her parents were both at work, the lies, internet searches, there's too many things that say she was murdered. Most people don't commit a murder while someone's watching, this is a horrific spectacle and she'll be found guilty. If the jury doesn't give her the death penalty, she'll be put in with the general population and the other criminals will tear her up.

klmno

I don't know- I think it's possible that she was chloroforming Caley and telling herself she was just putting her "out" temporarily and the child died as a result. I think Casey lies to herself and could turn that scenero into "it was all just a horrible accident" in her own mind. The defense attnys should have just admitted tho and come clean about it all if that's the case, to, I would think. Maybe they thought the jury would be more likely to find her guilty of murder that way tho- if they thought it was so horrific to even do that to begin with and couldn't conceive of a mom doing that if they did value their child's life.

I agree that once the forensic evidence comes out, the question of murder is on the table big time. It will be the legal terms and requirements to define whether it was manslughter or murder. Was it intentional to kill her? Or was it just careless, stupid, selfishness and a major risk to her life that did her in? What if it was just that Casey didn't care either way at the time- she was just trying to find a way to get what she wanted for the next few days with her boyfriend? Is that murder or manslaughter?

No matter what, I think she's going to jail for a long time and it doesn't bother me at all for her to go to main population. I don't know why, but it seems pretty rare for a mother to get the death penalty for killing her own child even when they prove premeditation. (I'm just throwing random thoughts out.) It will be interesting to see how it all ends up.

DDD

After ten years plus as a family member I have to admit that there are three favorite aspects that keep me posting...and posting...and posting, lol. Selfishly the first is that each of us can turn to CD when we are devestated, fearful and sad. What a comfort to have support that we can't find in the "real" world. Secondly I love the feeling that I can reach out and bring to others those very things that are brought to me when I am needy. Thirdly....I love the fact that we are not all cut from the same cookie cutter. It's really better than "real" family because there is freedom to say whatever to heck you want to say. LOL All of us, at times, have had writer's remorse. No harm. No foul. We are diverse. I truly love that "good days" and "bad days"..."We are famly. All my brothers sisters and me...etc." (Thank heaven you can't hear me singing it!)

Last night I turned to TV on while I was folding clothes and Dr. Phil and a guest were discussing the Anthony case. Amidst the brief discussion was conjecture (yeah, from him) that perhaps Casey was a drug user. He named a particular kind of drug use that not infrequently leads to murder. Gee was I shocked at that. His guest did not agree by the way. Then I was shocked to hear him say (paraphrased, of course) that George presents (remember I am paraphrasing because I honesty can't remember the exact words) as an arrogant control freak with practiced posture and delivery.

How's that for interesting? I guess that just proves that everyone is trying to get a handle on this case from different perspectives. Kinda strange for Dr. Phil to input based on just observations don't you think? DDD

donna723

The "practiced posture and delivery" that George Anthony shows when he's testifying probably comes from being a police officer for so long. He's probably testified in court hundreds of times and law enforcement officers are taught how to do it. When I worked for the Dept. of Correction we'd occasionally had to go to court as witnesses if something happened in the prison. They tell you to be professional, to stay calm, unemotional, and to answer only what you are asked and then stop - don't volunteer any other information. And if they didn't know it was coming, I would imagine that both of the parents were stunned and a little defensive when hearing the claims that he had abused Casey. It may come off as "arrogant".

And if (when!) she is sent to prison, she will NEVER be put in the general population. She wouldn't last five minutes! In any prison there is a pecking order among inmates and anyone convicted of harming a child is dispised by the others. And the women are much worse than the men! The people convicted in these high profile cases are always put into protective custody for their own safety. They are in a single cell, have no contact with other inmates, cannot have a prison job or participate in any other prison activities. They are alone, locked in a small cell 23 hours a day, eating prison food out of a styrofoam tray with a plastic fork. She will be just like Charles Manson. She is a very young woman. If she doesn't get the death penalty, she will sit alone in that little cell for many, many years. Good!!!

dashcat

With regards to Caylee's father, I read somewhere that she claims he died in an auto accident. difficult child much? Inconvenient people mysteriously meeting untimely, undocumented death is right out of the difficult child handbook under "responsibility avoidance 101."

As to a choloroform-gone-awry theory, I guess my prolem with that is she duct-taped the child's airways. To me, that spells intent.

My heart breaks for little Caylee and for the grandparents. It is incomprehenisible to me that someone could hurt an innocent child and then simply go about her life as though nothing had happened. Oh, wait, I think I could have ended that sentance at "incomprehensible that someone could hurt an innocent child.".
Dash

donna723

I was never really clear on that part. Was there tape over her nose too? I thought it was just over her mouth, like to keep her quiet. If it was completely blocking her breathing, then there's no doubt her death was deliberate.

And about who is Caylee's biological father ... Casey may have no idea who he was and just doesn't want to admit it. She may have been with several men at the time and not know which one is the father, or she could have been with someone whose name she didn't even know. Sadly, some people consider that to be "normal" behavior now!

klmno

She may have been with several men at the time and not know which one is the father, or she could have been with someone whose name she didn't even know. Sadly, some people consider that to be "normal" behavior now!

Yuk!

H

HaoZi

All things considered, I doubt any possible fathers would want to step forward at this point and admit to having slept with Casey.

DDD

Decades ago I served as jury foreman for a multi count murder trial. Yep, in Florida when they had the electric chair. Turns out that he was found guilty of the lowest charge but I decided then that if it were me on trial I would choose the chair over a lifetime of incarceration. "Living" in the conditions like Donna described would be worse than death to me. DDD

klmno

Me, too. I think I'd have a hard time going on with life if my child died or if I got a long term in prison either one, much less if I had to deal with both at the same time. It's hard enough for me to deal with the situation in my life over the past few years- I must be a real whimp compared to some! on the other hand, maybe that's what leads me to strive for a fairly sedate lifestyle and keeps me out of trouble.....LOL!

TerryJ2

Actually, I thought that Gary Condit (Chaundra Levy's lover), was guilty when I saw him on TV, because of his "practiced posture." He was SO controlled. That's an interesting point.

I agree, that even if Casey is "just" a difficult child, she'll be found guilty and either sentenced to death (highly unlikely), or thrown in jail and torn to pieces. Child killers and child molesters are at the bottom of the food chain. Doesn't matter if she's guilty or not, once she's in jail, it's all over.

In regard to Dr. Phil, ever since he decided against renewing his license, he has been more agreeable to putting outrageous ideas out there, probably under a bit of pressure from the producer, and less or zero pressure from the board and/or insurance company. Just my 2 cents worth.

klmno

You know, I had thought Gary Condit was involved for a while, too, now that you mention it.

I had no idea Dr. Phil didn't renew his license. I find it unattractive- referring to the change he's taking on his show. I did notice that change but had no idea what it stemmed from. I presumed it had to do with tv ratings- that's what I found unattractive. It comes across like selling out to me- kind of like Dr. Drew- I used to love him but now he's becoming a little "tabloid-like" and it just causes them to lose credibility to me. We really need good tdocs out there spreading rational and objective advice which also helps educate the public. When tdocs aren't focused on that, it can do more harm than good on educating the public about what difficult children and families really need, in my humble opinion.

DDD

I didn't know that Dr. Phil was making a change. That surely does sound like the reason he has become more free and easy in his communication. Very interesting, Terry. DDD

H

HaoZi

With Gary Condit, I didn't even consider the postured thing. Politicians are supposed to be that way, acting in public is part of the job to an extent, so I dismiss that in public figures or others that would have training similar.

klmno

It's funny how different things are portrayed and perceived differently based on training, personality, experience, etc. When I had to testify once re difficult child and that's when GAL and PO and judge first learned I had been in the military, the judge seemed to completely have a different opinion of me- like she understood then why I presented the way I did. The GAL cahnged to- but thought she had even more reason to look down her nose at me but judge kind of held her back at that point. The PO seemed to think my hx of abuse as a child made me a complete social idiot. But all in all- they did finally figure out why I wasn't showing panic over difficult child's behavior- it didn't mean I didn't care or that I wasn't doing everything in my power to help him. It meant I had been taught to not panic and make snap decisions based solely on emotion when it comes to critical things. Also, they learned why their yelling at me got them no more than a blank stare from me LOL- call that boot camp training.

TerryJ2

they learned why their yelling at me got them no more than a blank stare from me LOL- call that boot camp training.

I need that kind of training. I've often toyed with-the idea of taking a sort of boot camp class ... just to thicken my skin.

klmno

Boot camp training, in part, is to train or "condition" (so to speak) a person minimally just in case they are ever in combat or a POW. Think of it this way- if you were a POW and need to not crack and spill your gguts and need to find a way to survive under the worst of conditions but your captors were telling you all sorts of BS- like yelling at you like you're stupid, telling you your spouse was messing around on you, etc., you would pull on faith, confidence, etc, and keep in the back of your mind that this was all just a ploy to get you to crack- which would be true and the right thing to do. But the "real world" benefit is that you can realize when peoople are doing this to you ITRW, it is a manipulation tactic. If you let it work once, they will keep doing it. The sooner the other person learns, by it not working, that this will never work, the quicker it stops.

DDD

Don't know anything about boot camp...thank heavens. Condit is an example of press influence. I really believed he did it and felt a little guilty when I learned otherwise. Another example of trial by press just came to mind although I can't remember the lady's name. She was married to a man in the Armed Forces. He died and she was put on trial (and found guilty) of his murder although there was no evidence. She was primarily found guilty because after his death she went to lots of parties and bars plus had enlargement surgery. I watched that trial on TV and I couldn't believe the guilty verdict. Fortunately in a fairly short period of time the verdict was overturned. Life is interesting. DDD

klmno

Was that the case where the man died of poisoning and they thought she had poisened him but then doubt was cast when they found the substance in the soil or water or something?

DDD

Yep. That's the one. Also (if I remember correctly) the medical team on the base had not read the blood test results correctly or something like that, lol. But, lol, when I watched it I knew in my gut she would be found guilty because she was a party animal...even though, evidently, she and her husband lived the party animal life before his death and for her it was natural. Weird.
It was strange but somehow I never expected her to be found guilty because of her partying..but she was. DDD