Maybe to you it's not much

Star*

call 911........call 911
But to me? It was like being in the twilight zone.

I got a call at a decent time this AM - 10ish. ~ From Dude.

He didn't ask for anything, he talked about his job, his progress, his church, his dog, his friends, responsibilities, and even asked how I was. (nearly fainted)

Then he said he had a couple of jokes DID I want to hear them? They were funny.

He did not curse or swear ONE time during our conversation instead used the Mom-safe words like dumb butt and shoot.

He ASKED if I would like to meet his puppy and (okay hold your hair on) WHEN would be a good time for him to come over - AND he'd CALL first.

Then - about an hour later - I got a call, he said he would be in the area in 10 minutes could he and a friend stop in for a quick visit - saying he couldn't spend much time, but wanted to see us. (Im comin' to join you Elizabeth!)

He did show up, he didn't bring the puppy (good choice as he was running all day), but he had done all he could to prevent her from being lonely - as it said IN THE BOOK HE READ about puppies???? (pass the nitro huh?)

Then the visit was nice - he said Well I'm about to go, showed me he had bought and paid for all his clothes HIMSELF, hugged my neck, told me he loved me, did the same to his dad and his furry brothers, then left smiling.

TALK ABOUT A WOW MOMENT.

=DESPITE A HORRIBLE PMDD DAY - I ACTUALLY APPRECIATED EVERY LITTLE THING.

And - I got a kiss on the cheek. (not going to wash that cheek ever)

Just wanted to share a good day -

There is hope.
:D:D:redface::crazy1:

Abbey

Spork Queen
Awww...Star. They don't realize how small things like this mean so much to us. They will in time...when they have their own difficult child. ;)

Glad it was a good visit.

Abbey

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Honey, I think I'm having "the big one"... :faint:

But before I go.............Star, I am delighted for you. Good for Dude! :bravo:

Suz

meowbunny

As I've been told, cherish that visit. Sometimes they do surprise us and show they have learned something!

Way To Go DUDE!!

Tiapet

Old Hand
To me it isn't "not much" it is WAY MUCH! I'm glad and I do hope it continues for you.

by the way, how come the post went down to insignificant size? Is it a reflection in how you felt others might view it? Bolden/enlargen it up woman and let it shine! :) It deserves to be seen loud and clear!!

Andy

How Wonderful!!! :moms_day: This is your very own Mom's Day. What a wonderful Memorial Day weekend for you!

Wouldn't it be great if our difficult child's would all give us such a memorable Memorial Day? Should we get the word out to them that it is the true meaning of this weekend to do as Dude just did for his mom?

NOLA

Star--I just wanted to say that was awsome to read :beautifulthing:
What a great way to start the long holiday weekend!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Starbie, that's not much.......that's HUGE!!! :musicdance:

Wowsers!!! What an astounding visit from Dude!!! I'm sitting here beaming for you both. Freakin' awesome!!

Hugs

Steely

Oh Starb-
Tears for you and for Dude. So encouraged by this latest report.
"And he made sure the puppy is not lonely - something he read in his puppy book?" good grief - too flippin cute!!!!

So HAPPY! for you two.
Hugs.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Okay so I fixed the type - have no idea what happened there - thanks Tia-lol.

And yes, I didn't even get a call on Mother's Day - or an I'm sorry. Dude had a friend that he met in 7th grade. This kid is my other kid. He calls me MOM meaning my Other Mom, and I call him MOS - my other son. When he writes letters he signs them YOS. Your other son.

I got a letter from him (from Department of Juvenile Justice) and in it he had drawn me a rose!!!!!! IT's beautiful. When Dude came over to read the letter that MOS wrote me - DF made SURE to show him the flower he had drawn. (see Dude is an artist) the rose wasn't better than he could draw - it was just the fact that SOMEONE drew SOMETHING for me for Mother's Day and wrote Happy Mom's Day on it.
DF said "Look what your brother Steven drew for your Mom for Mother's Day. " Dude looked at it with the writing and all and DF said he just stood there with his head hung. Said nothing -but sometimes silence is a good thing.

And I guess if no one minds - maybe some day I'll post about my day with my Granddog. Cutie Patootie got shortened to Pootie. So I may have some grandma braggin rights -lol.

AS LONG AS at 18 I ONLY HAVE TO WATCH A GRAND DOG I'm okey dokey.

THanks all - you're right it was huge but I'm still taking baby steps.

Estherfromjerusalem

Star, that was awesome to read. All of us mothers here, mothers of difficult children, can appreciate how meaningful that all must have been for you, and all of us mothers of difficult children will disagree with you when you say it's "not much"!

It is AMAZING!

I wish you many many more moments and days like that.

Love, Esther

Wiped Out

Staff member
Star,
I don't often think to look at this forum (as my kids are so much younger) but I'm glad I did today. This was such a great post to read! I have happy tears in my eyes for you you. It also gives me hope.

Star that is fantastic. How did that happen? I just want to know what makes them act that way instead of the other way? I appreciate the post from you - it does give me hope.