The title should be: Jo's Horrible, Rotten, No Good, Very Bad Day! LOL. First, I was woken up by H at 5AM - I only went to sleep at midnight *and with my knee pain I had taken a tramadol, so I would sleep, but then didn't!* - he turned on the light, moved some papers around, talked to the dogs, argh. After falling back into a light slumber, I was again awakened, this time by the pups, scratching at our door to get out as they heard H making his lunch and the morning coffee - their cue that it's time to go for their walk and eat. Argh. I fell back into a barely noticeable slumber and was again awakened, this time by the little pup scratching to come back in and be with me. I think easy child let the pup in and she curled up, went back to sleep as I lay there, my mind beginning to whir. Second, I finally dragged myself out of bed and discovered that I *might* have conjunctivitis in my eyes - they are all puffy, itchy and watery, ew. I flood them with eye drops for allergy eyes, not much better, but a little better. Just an icky early morning thing. Grabbed my coffee and headed back into the bedroom to get dressed. Finally, easy child and H leave - FINALLY (H and I had a bit of a row last night, yes, about the stupid house and father in law's estate crud again - I am SO SICK OF IT ALREADY!). Third, I make my way out to the kitchen, warm up my coffee in the micro, settle my glasses, etc., over by my ipad so I can chill before heading to work. I notice a very large bug, something between a hornet and an ugly mosquito on the overhead fan/lamp. I swat at it with a paper, and just as I knock it down, I also take out a light bulb - one of those newer swirly light bulbs that no one knows how to dispose of?? You know the kind that save energy and all that...ANYWAY, I'm barefoot, so I carefully sweep up some glass and then drag out the vacuum - ugh, what a pita. Finally sit down to the ipad and coffee, which is now cold - dump it because you just can't reheat coffee more than once - and make a new cup, nuke it so it's burning hot, yum. Fourth, return my sister's call to tell her about the row I had with H last night and as I'm telling her, my blood pressure is rising, my eyes are itching, my skin is beginning to feel crawly and it occurs to me that I'm having an allergic reaction to something. I popped an allergy pill but after all was said and done, it occurred to me (finally) that it's stress. I'm so completely stressed about this stupid situation with the house and H's complete idiocy that I am beginning to have physical symptoms from the stress. OMG. Yesterday at the meeting with the attorney, he (the attorney) said that once the house was in mother in law's name after probate, that we could do one of two things. The first option is to have mother in law quit claim the title to us and then we simply go mortgage the house and pay off her existing mortgage, which is the option I thought we would do. The second option is to have mother in law 'gift' us equity each year for 3 years until we own it...it's an involved process and would supposedly save us money in taxes and her also somehow. I am VERY MUCH against this option and silly me, I thought H was also. Well, last night as we're walking the dogs - it's always as we're walking the dogs, our neighbors must think we're nuts - H and I are discussing this and H says that he would like to find out more about this option as it may save us about $4000 in taxes. I went from 0 to 100 in less than one second and I told him that I would not cooperate with that option AT ALL. I want this done, finished, I want the house in our name, the mortgage in our name, and that I was DONE jerking around with this matter (except I said it in a lot worse language and in a very menacing voice). H was not happy with me, but I don't really care. I have lived in this house for almost 16 years with no security under me. If something had happened to him or us, I would have been left out on the street without a leg to stand on in regards to ownership of this house. His father died without bequeathing the home to us, which is unbelievable to me still, and we finally have to act on this (I have been after H to get the house into our name for YEARS) and now he wants to stall it some more????? Well, I am against the gifting option for a couple of reasons - First, I want this done and settled already, everyone else pays taxes on their newly bought home, why shouldn't we? And second, should something happen to his mother and she can no longer live on her own, all her assets *our house included* would be considered for her to move into an assisted living facility or nursing home. She's not getting any younger...ahem. I reminded H of all this, to which he just shook his head as if I am the one being unreasonable. OMG. There was almost a homicide in CT last night. I finally just told H that under no circumstances would I consider that an option in regards to acquiring the house and over my dead body or our divorce would it take place. I mean, I was REALLY ******. Finally, as I'm venting to my sister this morning, I realize that my H is afraid. This is his M-O. He takes forever to make a decision and he always had to consult with his dad beforehand. And now that his dad is gone, he always has to call his sister to consult with her. Since his dad died, he's called his sister every couple of days to check in with her in regards to decisions that WE should be consulting one another for. Last night when I laid it on the line to him his response was, "Well, let me call my sister and see what she thinks". ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?! I'm just so disappointed and furious. So, it's Friday and I'm supposed to have a half day at work but I've missed so much time lately (running back and forth to FL, the lawyers, etc.) that I'm staying an extra hour in the hopes of clearing off some of my desk. Then I'm going to the salon to get waxed and get a pedicure. Next Saturday, the 13th, easy child and I leave for Puerto Rico and it's all I have on my brain (aside from this junk about the danged house). I cannot wait to get on the plane and leave H behind for a week. If he makes one stupid decision while I'm gone, I will kill him or leave him - one or the other, but for that one week, I just want to enjoy the heat, sun, sand, surf and food. This morning HOOVERED big time. I keep doing mini-meditations to get myself out of the funk. Hopefully it will help. I just want to go into the deep deep woods and let out a primal scream.