steps to changing

Discussion in 'Parent Emeritus' started by Tiredof33, Feb 5, 2012.

1. Tiredof33

Tiredof33 Active Member

This was in one of my books, it says we can't change others so we must change ourselves. I really related to it and posted it on facebook. I don't care for facebook, but some family members post pics and it is a good way to stay in touch with my nephew in Afghanistan.

Evidently difficult child and girly thought I posted it about them, he called me that night and said it made her very angry!

I walk down the street.
    There is a deep hole in the sidewalk.
    I fall in
    I am lost . . . I am helpless.
    It isn't my fault.
    It takes forever to find a way out.

I walk down the same street.
    I pretend I don't see it.
    I fall in again.
    I can't believe I am in the same place.
    But it isn't my fault.
    It still takes a long time to get out.

I see it is there.
    I still fall in . . . it's a habit.
    My eyes are open.
    I know where I am.
    It is my fault.
    I get out immediately.

I walk around it.

I walk down another street.

2. rejectedmom

rejectedmom New Member

Of course she thought it was about her. She is a difficult child and everything is about them don't you remember??? Don't sweat it. When you find inspration if is fine to share it. -RM

3. Tiredof33

Tiredof33 Active Member

LOL!!! You are so right! I don't know how people make it through difficult children without loads of therapy!

4. Hound dog

Hound dog Nana's are Beautiful

Tired.......

I realize you posted this because you related it to yourself, but.....

Honestly it could apply to just about any difficult child. So I guess it would make sense she got mad and thought you'd posted it about her. :rofl:

Oh, well, maybe it will make her think a bit, who knows.

5. buddy

buddy New Member

I have heard this and I really like it. (Guess this is one issue I wont have to worry about... Q thought my even saying hi on one of HIS comments was NOT NICE...LOL so clueless...he would never get something like that)

But for me, I can relate too. It is really a good one. Sorry they took it so personally but that really is normal for us right, everything really IS about them, LOL

6. AmericanGirl

AmericanGirl Guest

Tired, That is a keeper. Thanks for posting!

7. Nomad

Nomad Guest

One of my favorites. Thank you! :)

8. DammitJanet

DammitJanet Well-Known Member Staff Member

I have always liked that story, quote or whatever one would call it. It has summed up my journey in life quite well...lol.

9. DaisyFace

DaisyFace Love me...Love me not

Tired--

I think the fact that this made her angry is hilarious!

It shows just how much of a difficult child she truly is.

And what, pray tell, did she think was the "insult" you were going for? That she is clumsy and falls down holes a lot? That she doesn't know how to get out of a hole? That she is living in a hole?

Sheesh!

FWIW - I like it! (And it's taken me awhile to figure out that I can avoid some of the holes, too!)

10. Tiredof33

Tiredof33 Active Member

It took me a while to figure out that I would miss the holes by taking a different route too lol!!! With the personality this witch has she will be in a hole for the rest of her life lol!!!!