Two Brooms rallies One Broom to go behind our backs and get easy child 2 to hide...

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
her Christmas gift.

Supposedly, One Broom grounded easy child 2 from video games because of her grades. There's not much grounding taking place, tho, I had already figured out.

And I don't know why, but back in late Nov, I had a hunch that easy child 2 was getting a Nintendo DS for Christmas. I don't know why, I just knew. Then I found out some other odd things, including that Two Brooms had tried to get One Broom to go shopping with her, and then that nephew had gone shopping for this gift, so I called nephew and asked him, since he had been with Two Brooms on this "odd" trip if they'd bought a DS. He said no, they didn't.

Well, more and more pieces came together and yes, they did. Two Brooms, One Broom, and other grandma went together and bought easy child 2 a Nintendo DS, gave it to her Christmas eve, all together, and Two Brooms told her not to tell us about it and told nephew to lie to me about it.

I knew she wanted one, and was expecting to get one, so I point blank asked her and she said she didn't get it. When I asked about the Christmas Eve get together, she lied about that, too. My niece showed up yesterday with a DS and there were more questions, and she lied and lied and lied again.

I am not angry at easy child 2. But I am livid with Two Brooms. Beyond livid. This girl has a lying problem and has been known to steal, and sneaks things regularly, and she does THIS? Had it.

Other than that, my family Christmas was very nice.

Last edited:

everywoman

Who gets a kid to lie about a Christmas present? How insecure do you have to be? Sorry, but I would run as fast as I could away from those two anytime they came near.

M

ML

I too would be livid! That is not only teaching easy child that lying is ok, but it is very disrespectful to you and husband. I'm sorry this happened.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
We've always been told that easy child 2 can't have a cell phone til she's 16 either, and I think she has that, too. HAven't been able to confirm that one, but I think she does. Will update when I find out.

Oh, and when I put the story together as I had pieced it in my mind and cornered nephew, he confirmed it. He was on the trip to buy it and knew about it and grandma made him lie to me, too. At least he apologized this time.

KTMom91

Can you say dysfunctional? What is WRONG with that woman? Most of us teach our kids not to tell lies...I'd be beyond furious as well.

If you need help with broom removal, per Star's instructions, give me a call. I'll be more than happy to help you out.

meowbunny

Well, since she didn't get it as an Xmas present, I'd say she cannot ever bring it into your home. The best you can do is pretend it does not exist.

I don't understand how someone can go out of their way to teach a child to lie. It is just so wrong on so many levels.

Honestly, I think I would quit asking her questions. At least then she doesn't have to lie. She's really caught in the middle and, when you add in the greed factor of getting things she wants, you and husband are going to lose every time. Given a choice between lying and getting a game system or a cell phone, the lying is going to win. Natural reaction.

Let's face it, the Brooms are going to do what they want, when they want and how they want. The best you can do is let easy child 2 live two lives. One with you and one with the Brooms. The more you can ignore what they do and how they do it, the easier it will be for you and, from things you've written, the easier for easy child 2.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Isn't it amazing, how we just know things?
I have been told, No I am wrong, or lied to so often.
But the Mom just knows. We always have those feelings.
Those Brooms are just stirring up more trouble.
Sorry it is non-stop. My little Dust-Broom isn't this bad yet! LOL

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
You know, I chewed her butt on Christmas day because she'd meddled in the plans with easy child 2 again...well, it makes sense now...the reason One Broom thought our plans had changed was because she thought Two Brooms had done her Christmas. After all, Two Brooms had been to her house to give easy child 2 her gift on Christmas eve. The "christmas" Two Brooms had at her house was nothing more than show. I will probably give back the gifts she gave me, including the money. I don't want it from her.

I told husband I am done. He said he is angry and will be talking to her. I said I will be with him, and then I will likely not set foot on their place again, nor is she welcome here. I am done with her. He hung his head and said thats ok, he understands, and he won't ask me to make amends. The sad thing is, I am contemplating being done with them all. And he's the link.

I can't tell you how angry I am about this. I am hanging onto it WAY too long, but I can't seem to let go. Every carp sandwich she's fed me in the past 3 years is bundled into this incident.

I don't even want easy child 2 to come back this week. Even if someone wasn't asking her about owning the game, she was making carp up about when/where she played it, etc. I'm not angry at her about this situation, but her mom calls us and asks us to help and back her with the lying and forging and stealing; and grandma carries on about how she doesn't like liars; what the hell do they think they are creating? I don't want to spend the rest of my life with a CREATED difficult child - and I'm not sure how to stay married to my husband without that as the option.

You know what's kinda funny about this? She nailed the lid on the coffin, so to speak, when she swiped my neice's DS at my family Christmas this weekend. She swiped it after she was told she couldn't play it, pretended to help hunt for it when it was noticed missing, and miraculously "found" it in her bed when I caught her playing it at 2am. Things she said before and during that gave me the last missing pieces. I called nephew, asked him to be honest, told him what I had pieced together, and he said I was right on.

Last edited: