Update

pasajes4

My D C has had a stroke. He does not know who I am. He has had high blood pressure his entire life. I do not know if it is the result of drug use, or not taking his blood pressure medicine. It does not really matter. I have not yet come to terms with this and I do not know how to proceed from here. I do know that right this minute I regret every stupid argument we have ever had. This is my child that I have loved since before he was born and he does not know me. My heart is breaking and I would gladly take his place.

InsaneCdn

Oh, Pasa. Hearts and care go out to you, and your son.

This is a stroke. It will take time to know how bad the damage is, and how far back he can come. I've seen some pretty amazing comebacks from brain trauma - strokes, brain injury, and even an aneurism.

He is young. This is in his favor. But right now... the waiting is horrible.

New Leaf

Oh Pasa, I am very sorry, sending prayers your way and hoping for his recovery. My dad had a stroke and the same happened, he did not recognize us at first. He was able to recover and regain most of himself, and he was in his late 70's. There is always hope.
Hugs to you, I am so sorry.
leafy

Tanya M

Living with an attitude of gratitude
Staff member
Oh Pasa, I am so sorry for your heartache. I can only imagine how scared you must be.
I'm holding you close in my thoughts and prayers.
Please update us when you can.
((HUGS))

CrazyinVA

Staff member
Pasa, I am so sorry to read this. How absolutely heartbreaking. I pray he can recover from this and recognize you once again .. try not to look too far ahead, or too far behind. Just deal with this day by day as best you can.

Thinking of you.

Childofmine

one day at a time
Pasa, oh. I am stunned and I am so deeply sorry. I can't imagine your pain, grief and fear right now. I am just so sorry.

Please take it one hour at a time right now. There is no way to know what the outcome will be with a stroke and amazing things can happen.

My mother had one three years ago and should be a vegetable, according to the doctors. She is fully functional except for some "sequencing delays" and other minor forgetfulness. They were amazed at her outcome and would never have predicted it.

I am not trying to Cinderella this and you may not be able to even think about anything positive right now and I so understand that. Please take care of YOU. Please know we are here for you all the time and we care deeply about you and about him.

You both are in my prayers right now and will be for a long time to come. Warm hugs. We love you.

SuZir

Oh Pasa! I'm so sorry this happened to you and your son.

You are right, reasons it happened don't matter much. And you will never even know for sure. There are known risk factors for strokes, but some have those all and never have one and some may not have any and still have a stroke. Unfortunately it happened to your son.

Others are right in that with strokes it always takes time before you know how much more was lost. Even if he doesn't recognise you now, some of the memory may come back. For many recovery is very good but unfortunately of course not with everyone.

I will keep you two in my prayers.

Lil

Oh Pasa! My heart breaks for you...he's even younger than my son, I can't imagine the shock you must be in! I pray his youth will work in his favor and he will recover. I pray for both of you. Words are so insufficient. :grouphug:

ksm

I am so sorry. Is this your 17yo son? I hope that with time and treatment he makes a full recovery and learns to manage his health. KSM

Hopeful97

Pasa,

I am so sorry that this happened. You are among others who care for and love you. You and your son are in my prayers. Keep us updated. My the peace that only God provide cover you.
HUGE HUGS,
Hopeful
:group-hug:

Copabanana

PASA, I am only now seeing your thread.

I cannot find words to express how sorry I am.

How could you possibly know how to proceed, what to think or feel? There are so many variables involved and nobody can know now what the effects will be.

Are you with your other children? PASA you have been through so much these past months. You have gotten through it. You will get through this.

I pray your son will recover completely. My son had a traumatic brain injury. All I did was scream. I did not know how I would survive. I did. So did he.

Is your son still living in another city? Have you traveled there? Forgive me, I do not know the particulars, at present.

PASA, You have us. We are here. Praying for you and for your son.

COPA