UPDATED:::CATA Group- New thread!

DammitJanet

Ohhhh.....dang...You just had to bring up Michael Vick...the second most hated person that I know. I wont even watch an Eagles game because I cannot stand what he did!

klmno

And, again (not to beat a dead horse....but) if the parent calls the cops for backup, the kid ends up with more time in jail than Casey and the parent still gets blamed for the kid "acting this way" and has to pay for it and ends up with more court orders than the kid- no, people don't want to believe that is the way it really is- that the parent is blamed without evidence that they are incompetent- but it is the way it is. If the parent puts their foot down, they are blamed for being too controlling.

(Telling self to shut up now.)

DDD

Klmno, you're right I have very negative feelings about the SA office from my grandson's case. BUT that does not mean that I say "yeah, the SA lost a case". I'm seventy years old and I have spent almost fifty years as a child advocatel...maybe a few years short of that, lol, but not much. I have an FBI agent in the family, two military Colonels, was President of the DAR, and two law enforcements among my six children. Take my word for it...I am not stating my position based on my grandson. I completely believe in law and order. I am a flag waver. I have proven that I am a child advocate on a local and State level. But, I don't think people should send someone to death because they "think" they are guilty. I honestly do not believe that the case was proven. I, also, don't believe it could be proven. There are too many "ifs". Yes, it is easy after listening to three years of press to believe that Casey is guilty. in my humble opinion it was not proven. Obviously, the Jury also did not believe it was proven. Is it a perfect crime? I don't know. Personally I would prefer that a guilty person be let free than sentence an innocent person to death. Like many of you my heart breaks for the family. Having raised two grandsons I totaly understand the position the Anthony's were in. Because of that experience I think I feel for them more than those who have not raised a second generation. It's very sad and complex. Rest assured my views are not singular. DDD

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Ok. I openly admit I did NOT follow the trial. I did so purposely. Too many of these murderers walk. And that baby girl looks like Aubrey.......thought so at the time and still do. I know that is sort of a silly reason to not watch the trial but every time they mention the condition of the body ect and I look at that face..........

I'm still trying to figure out WHY duct tape was on this childs mouth and nose IF SHE DROWNED IN THE FRIGGIN POOL??????

Easy. There is NO reason anyone would bother with duct tape on the child's mouth/nose if she had drowned and was already dead.

Dunno. Our legal system is so broken a corrupt it's not funny. Actually most of our systems in this country are in the same condition.

Now? She can go party all over town and BRAG about getting away with murder and there is not ONE d@mn thing anyone can do about it.

And people wonder why there have been moments when I prefer to take the law into my own hands if necessary. phht. Ya think?

Makes me soul sick to think this little baby girl had to die that way and they couldn't even give her justice. They couldn't / wouldn't see through all the media hype and bullsh*t and focus on the facts without mucking up the waters to keep the drama going for the news crews........and they let a murderer walk.

If the prosecuter didn't have anything solid to nail her to the wall he should've left it the he!! alone until there was, instead she's a free woman able to kill again... some other innocent child.

They can't say there has not been enough experience with such cases to have KNOWN better. UGH

Gonna have to pray for some swift karma.

Nancy

Dr. Drew said he had intense feelings of disgust watching the defense team celebrate the victory. I so agree. My husband won a murder case where a young teen was killed and his client, a neighbor, was accused of it. He won the case. There was no celebration. The girl was still dead. Her family, her whole community was still in pain.

Nancy

klmno

I agree with what you just posted, DDD. But as someone trying to understand the other viewpoint, what do you think really happened to Caylee? And if you were the grandparent and your difficult child daughter left with your grandson when he was 2-3 yrs old and then was found dead in the woods, how would you handle it? Seriously, I'm asking because I think you can probably relate to that more than anyone- not relating because you have legal experience or have family that is in law enforcement or that has a person in the family that has had to deal with the "system", but you have had to deal with a gfgdau who (according to previous posts) made poor decisions that risked your grandchild's life. So, as an experienced juror, how on earth does one put all that together, taking all those things into condieration? If it was your grandchild that had left with your gfgdau and never returned alive, then was found dead, and you knew she still wasn't telling the truth about what happened after 3 years (proven now in court), how do you resolve that for yourself?

Would you go back to your own normal life? Would you forgive her?

Star*

call 911........call 911
Okay I have two more statements then I'm going to respectfully bow out of this conversation gals.

One -Just to answer - My thoughts on futuristically - I believe (Big guess) That if Caycee is to live in this Country? I'm not sure where it would be without having some vigilantee go off and murder her. So yes,I think she will have to move. I no not see her moving by herself,and I think that her family will have to move as well. I feel so badly for them all. What is done is done. Whether it played out like it it did in my nutty conspiracy theory where the Anthonys did what they had to in order to save their daughter's life -OR whether it was George is a good man, Cindy is a mean woman, Lee is tired of it all and Caycee threw them all under the bus to save her bacon and none of them ever want to see her again. It's OVER. DONE. FINI. The jury did it's job. The American justice system is NOT corrupt, we did NOT see all the evidence or lack OF evidence in order to make the decision necessary to put a woman TO DEATH. REGARDLESS OF WHAT WE THINK - the burden of proof LAYS with the words YOU MUST CONVICT HER BASED ON THE EVIDENCE BEYOND THE SHADOW OF A REASONABLE DOUBT - THERE was so much DOUBT in THIS CASE PERIOD that NONE OF US HERE as intelligent as WE ARE could even agree - so how could you call it adefunct jury? I guess we should throw the jury under the bus and just say they should have done whatever just because it was the thing to do- and screw what is right based on 211 years of laws......there simply was NOT enough evidence.

AND....my final thought - this trial is over. And here WE are -a wonderful family - a good nae GREAT group of friends nit picking each other about a freaking woman WE HAVE NEVER MET, NEVER WILL MEET, NEVER CARE TO MEET THAT WE DO NOT KNOW ......WHO at least we do agree IS a difficult child...and I'm not going to continue to waste my time thinking about HER anymore. I love you guys more than I could truly ever write out -and this woman is NOT worth the hassle she's beginning to create maybe- HERE on our board.....with MY family. She's a menace. So I'm going to leave it at that.

okaywell -one more thought - If she thought she wasgoingaway for life? WHY was she wearing a pretty pink top? To look sweet? UGH -See? Menace. lol

I'm outta here -and ordering oneof Haozi's shirts.

DDD

Klmno, like Starbie I'm ready to bow out. What would I have done? What would I have felt. Who to H knows if they haven't been in the shoes of the participants. There is no right answer. But if it were not completely proven and a Jury of fellow citizens reached that verdict. I would respect their decision and learn to cope with it. To the best of my knowledge that is the honest truth. For real. DDD

N

Nomad

The parents looked STUNNED (and so did others) when that verdict was read. They certainly did NOT look happy. Can someone spell C O N F L I C T E D?
I wonder when it will hit them that they themselves made huge contributors to the "reasonable doubt" part of all of this? The truth would have been nice and it is VERY doubtful that they told the truth.
I wonder IF it will ever hit them that covering their daughter's backside in the past may have had some part in their daughter getting to this hideous mindset.
OHHHHH and I wonder if at some point in the future they will be subject to legal problems of some kind.
Well....as we all know....OJ never got "better" if you get my drift. Folks like this rarely get healthy and OFTEN end up in some other kind of trouble down the road.
This is a huge/sad/depressing and tragic mess.

Nancy

Klmno I don't think anyone can explain it to us or make us feel better about this. I'm not going to apologize for feeling stunned and disappointed
We are not the only ones. There are many many others who feel like we do. And that's the honest truth

klmno

Ok, it is what it is is. No answers as to how someone can add it up this way. I did try.

Now, when is my meeting? :)

DammitJanet

It doesnt say to find beyond every and all doubt. I think people have this weird idea about finding doubt. They think you have to think...well... maybe there could be reasonable doubt if mars aligned with jupiter and you spelled apple backwards and held your breath while doing it, then maybe it would have worked out.

Reasonable means a far different thing. It doesnt mean, well could the tooth fairy have kidnapped her daughter and killed her. That would be giving her every doubt because yeah, in most cases, even if they have a video it could be your evil twin sent down from Mars. You know about area 51 right? Some nutty juror could dead lock every jury.

Reasonable doubt. In this case, if not Casey then who? Maybe they should look into Cindy. She now claims she really wasnt at work and that she did all those searches and how the car and stuff...well...lets look at Cindy. She doesnt think she put the ladder back down...hmmm. Yeah Cindy...you didnt? Well then maybe Cindy had the care and custody of her granddaughter that morning. Then maybe she helped Casey put Caylee in the swamp and sent Casey off to play for the 31 days and kept george in the dark until the towing place contacted them about the car and the gig was up.

H

HaoZi

If George was a cop he would know WAY better places to hide the body, pointing at George is pure stupid. There's millions of acres in Florida of wilderness, places even hunters and survivalists don't get to, let alone meter readers.

Nancy

Along those lines Janet I think people want a Perry Mason trial, everything wrapped up in a neat package. They want a motive, murder weapon and eye witness.

Nancy

Nancy

Haozi I agree with you. I think people cared more about his lying about the affair then they did about the death of this child. They figured if he lied about that surely he must have more to hide, i.e., he helped cover up the crime.

Nancy

H

HaoZi

People want "fantasy forensics" and the CSI stuff, without being willing to accept that there are limitations to what is currently available, and minimal understanding of how it works. It can show amazing things and it's far better than what we had 20 years ago, but it's not magic. You can explain until you're blue in the face, but really, most people still won't get it even if they don't tune out the explanations to a background buzz.

N

Nomad

I AM concerned about the future of our legal/jurisprudence system.
The way I see it....you really need that smoking gun.
Many folks don't want to convict another of murder without it.
MAYBE that should be a question during jury selection.
Is the preponderance of evidence enough? I suspect that beyond all reasonable doubt is almost impossible to prove with-o the proverbial smoking gun and DNA. (Video tape would be nice)
What if the weapon can't be found and the body is decomposed? Is this a perfect crime? Are we creating the ability to get away with murder in this country?
Here is the formula for murder in this country a la CAT:
1. Don't let anyone see you
2. Dispose of body and weapon where they will never be found or at least not for a very very long time
3. Lie like crazy and stick to your lies
4. If caught, blame everyone else, throw everyone you can think of under the bus
5. If it goes to trial, keep your mouth shut (see #3)
6. Create a circus at the trial (helps with the reasonable doubt thing)

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
And now she could write in that book every last gory detail about the crime, and not a soul could hold her accountable for it.

I guess I hope the Nostradamus thing was right...