Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest. I just wanted to let you know that there will be some service disruptions here over the next few days. We're moving to a new server and then the latest version of xenforo is going to be installed. ~ cheryl

19 year old insurance

Discussion in 'General Parenting' started by Clueless but looking, Dec 8, 2005.

  1. We've been paying for a disaster policy short-term insurance for difficult child since his college disaster earlier this year. He claims he is going back to school at community college full-time in January and then can be on our insurance (though that may cost me $100 a month).

    If he doesn't make it in school (which might very well happen), have any of you found a way to get unemployed young adults insurance or access to health care, particularly mental health benefits?

  2. OTE

    OTE Guest

    Depends on your state. But Medicaid is the only option if he can get it in your state.... other than if the college has some sort of group plan of course.

    You might also confirm with your plan that you CAN put him back on. Some plans won't take an older child back after he/she has gone off.