2 really dumb questions

Okay, when you are reading someone's post, there is a smiley by their name. The smiley is gray if they are offline and yellow if it is online. However, some people have their smiley making alternate faces than just the regular smile. How do you do that? Inquiring minds want to know.

Also, when you want to quote someone that someone else has said, how do you do it so that the quote box has that person's name in it? I CANNOT figure that out. Here, I'm going to quote myself from a post I did in the "Hell's Kitchen" thread:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Could Rock's kids be any cuter? </div></div>

See? It just says Quote. How do you get it to say "original quote by this dumb fool"?

Thanks.

witzend

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Big Bad Kitty</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Okay, when you are reading someone's post, there is a smiley by their name. The smiley is gray if they are offline and yellow if it is online. However, some people have their smiley making alternate faces than just the regular smile. How do you do that? Inquiring minds want to know.</div></div>

Got me!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Big Bad Kitty</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Also, when you want to quote someone that someone else has said, how do you do it so that the quote box has that person's name in it? I CANNOT figure that out. Here, I'm going to quote myself from a post I did in the "Hell's Kitchen" thread:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Could Rock's kids be any cuter? </div></div>

See? It just says Quote. How do you get it to say "original quote by this dumb fool"?

Thanks. </div></div>

Instead of hitting the "quote" link in the reply box, hit the "quote" link inside the message you want to quote.

I sometimes just type in the code for italics or a quote which is beginning with the [ ] and including "i" or "quote" and ending with [/] and including "i" or "quote". You can include the "original quote by" by typing "quote=witzend" between the first [ ]'s.

busywend

Those are not dumb. I do not know the answers either.

There used to be a section to show your mood at the top right side on the home page. I do not see it anymore.

DammitJanet

Whose smiley face is alternating? LOL...I dont get it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Quote:
Could Rock's kids be any cuter? </div></div>

Steely

I am also stupified BBK.........some people have smiley faces when they are online that have a wink, or the bandana on......how do you do that?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: witzend</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Instead of hitting the "quote" link in the reply box, hit the "quote" link inside the message you want to quote.

I sometimes just type in the code for italics or a quote which is beginning with the [ ] and including "i" or "quote" and ending with [/] and including "i" or "quote". You can include the "original quote by" by typing "quote=witzend" between the first [ ]'s.</div></div>

BOOYAH! Thank you Witzend.

Alright, you other people with the funny faces, fess up. How'd ya do it.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Big Bad Kitty</div><div class="ubbcode-body">However, some people have their smiley making alternate faces than just the regular smile. How do you do that? Inquiring minds want to know.</div></div>

BBK, I looked all over and I only saw the two kinds of faces. I have no idea about those other ones.

Suz

DammitJanet

Im trying to figure out the other smiley faces too...lol. I only see the gray ones and the yellow ones. Now some of us are gray even though we are online simply because we mark ourselves as offline always.

jannie

trying to survive....
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dammit Janet</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Im trying to figure out the other smiley faces too...lol. I only see the gray ones and the yellow ones. Now some of us are gray even though we are online simply because we mark ourselves as offline always. </div></div>

I've been want to do quotes for a long time...It was a good question.

OK, now I am looking like a donkey, because I can't find anyone whose posts have it. I know Kjs does, but of course she is out of town.

Dammit anyways.

busywend

BBK - I think it was before the latest upgrade. I remember a box at the upper right that had a mood chart and you could pick your 'mood of the day' there.

I do not see it anymore.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Busywend is right- I remember that because I was looking all over for it and now I am "stuck" screaming even when I am not in the mood!!! LOL!!! I can't find it either!

Where is it????

R

runawaybunny

We've got 2 kinds of smiles here... If there's a little yellow smiley :smile: to the right of a member's name it indicates that the person is currently online.

The smilies in the upper right corner are "moods." The smiley moods can be controlled using the drop down menu in the upper right of the forum window. Apparently that menu was disabled during the last software upgrade. It has now been enabled just in the nick of time to save Totoro's vocal chords.