3 steps forward 2 steps back.

Tymica

Hi all. I havent updated in a while, really because there wasnt much to tell. difficult child got home from rehab, started working and going to church and doing well, or as well as he wanted me to think I now find out. He had court on June 3rd where he got a suspended sentence to Juvie. Since the 3rd, he has failed 3 drug tests for alcohol, I have caught him trying to get someone to pee for him, and his juvenile officer called me today to let me know his UA was cold. I called him at work and gave him the 3rd degree so he just got home with an at home drug test that he wants to take to prove he isnt up to anything. Needless to say I dont believe him. I guess time will tell where all of this leads...

Sent using ConductDisorders mobile app

Tymica

Sadly, Pas, it seems so. Im only surprised that they have slapped him on the wrist so much already.

pasajes4

The juvenile system moves slowly. There are graduated levels of consequences. The reasoning behind it is to give these kids every chance under the sun to turn their lives around before they wind up behind bars. Unfortunately, many kids begin to think they can get away with doing the same thing over and over again because nothing happened the first, second, or third time.

Tymica

Well be still my beating heart. He took the at home test. I went to the bathroom with him and watched him "make the deposit" took the cup and did the test myself so he couldn't tamper with it and he passed. Now my thought is that the at home tests do not test for alcohol so is that what hes trying to hide from the juvenile office since thats the only thing he has failed for since hes been home? I just dont know. If he has replaced pills with alcohol, I think its time for him to go back to inpatient. I guess what I think doesnt matter though, its all up to the juvenile office and the rehab he is working with. :-/