Discussion in 'Healthful Living / Natural Treatments' started by Ltlredhen, Oct 27, 2005.

  1. Ltlredhen

    Ltlredhen New Member

    Does anyone have any experience with this supplement and if so would you mind sharing results with me? /importthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

    Thanks a bunch, Donna
  2. transformtriumph

    transformtriumph New Member

    I haven't tried this supplement. It is supposed to support the serotonin levels.
  3. Sgwindsor

    Sgwindsor New Member


    We are using a product called beCalm'd which has 5 htp in it as one of the ingredients. We have had success with it. We stopped giving it to our son for a month or so. (Our naturalpath/homeopath was trying to determine what variables were successful.) The pre-school noticed something different and wondered if things had changed at home. I had told them what we were doing and mentioned that things were pretty tough at home again as well. So, when we reintroduced it, things got better.

    I hope this answers your question.
  4. Ltlredhen

    Ltlredhen New Member

    Thanks for the info. I'm considering this for difficult child and wondering if it will be an option for him considering he cannot take any type of stimulant (we have tried 5 and it was awful). Just gathering information before I approach psychiatrist about this.
  5. transformtriumph

    transformtriumph New Member

    Have you taken him to an alternative medical practitioner?
  6. Ltlredhen

    Ltlredhen New Member

    No, never heard of one of those.
  7. transformtriumph

    transformtriumph New Member

    I was just thinking of an alternative practitioner because many doctors are not open to supplements. You could take him to a nutritionist, herbalist, homeopath, acupuncturist, naturopath, etc. They would be more likely to know which supplements and dietary changes would help him.
  8. Ltlredhen

    Ltlredhen New Member

    Thanks for the advise, I am looking for anything that might help.

  9. Hmark

    Hmark New Member

    Yes I agree, one should always consult doctor or physician or medical practitioner before taking any kind of medicines, whether it be 5-htp or some other medicines.