A difficult child milestone

everywoman

difficult child quit his job today---but he had another in place before doing it. He has been talking to his old job from last summer, and they have been asking him to come back. He has been at his current job for 6 months and has been given additional responsibilities but not additional pay---he has asked and been told he had to wait his turn. He says others who do not work have gotten raises. So, when old restaurant kept calling, he negotiated the salary it would take, and they told him okay. He goes for orientation tomorrow and starts this weekend. Not bad for a young who hardly worked at all the previous 3 years.

susiestar

Roll With It
WOW!!! That is a true milestone!!! I have a 40+ yo bro who can't do all that.

I think this is a wonderful thing = thanks so much for sharing it with us.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Sounds like things are clicking for difficult child! Way To Go!! Good for him for not taking the bs and negotiating himself into a better job. :D :D

Great update!

Hugs

M

ML

Awesome news! I'm proud of him and encouraged by his progress. There is hope for the rest of us :) ML

Star*

call 911........call 911
See THIS is the part that gets me -

They ARE BRILLIANT......yet play difficult child all those years and then go do something fantastical like this - that just makes you KNOW you weren't crazy and that they really DO have smarty smarts.

Congrats - you must be beaming!

mom_to_3

It's alway's great to see our kids, easy child and difficult child alike making responsible strides towards adulthood. Yay! For all of you!