A Gripe

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
If I hear just 1 more time Katie and husband need a piece of mail verifying they currently reside at this address I may feel the need to hit someone. :mad:

1. They just got here a wk ago.
2. They are homeless / jobless.......what on earth would they be receiving mail for per se??

Tomorrow husband is mailing a piece of paper to one of them just so they can have an envelope with their name on it with the address. Stupid stupid stupid.

C'mon, since they HOMELESS they are lucky to even have an address to use people!!

This practice is annoying enough when you aren't homeless and relocating from another area......sheesh. Ok so yeah I get the basis behind it, but why can't they see that in certain situations it just does not work?

Katie and I registered the kids in school today. She'd brought all necessary info with her. But guess what? Since she is living with me........I had to come home (thankfully is only about 5 mins away) and get a recent utility bill......let them photo copy it, list on the photo copy that Katie, Kayla, and Alex live with me and sign it......PLUS had over MY ID and let them photo copy that too.:mad:

Gimme a bleeping break. What was the point of all that? I could just as easily still be lying about them living with us........I'm not, but I'm guessing this is the basis for this........

The only program that did not require such a thing so far has been WIC, they didn't even require Evan's birth certificate.......they realized the special circumstances and accepted his shot records and ss card as ID. sheesh

And true I've never delt with shelters much. But omg.......Katie calls daily without fail hoping for a spot.......day after day they tell her thurs for wilmington.......she does the app then poof out of nowhere some woman (not the director who is supposed to call) calls and says they're full and don't know when they'll have room.:mad::mad:

You may get such and such info from one person and yet get such and such info from another, then such and such from yet another..........and yes this includes directors of the shelters. UGGHHH Just depends on who to happen to talk to.

No wonder the kids have been so frustrated.

Ok vent over. :tongue:

KTMom91

If you were in our district, someone from the district police force would come by in a week or so to verify. No joke. When a friend of mine moved here from OK, I practically had to give my blood type to prove they were staying with me, and even then, there were issues. Same thing...she just moved here, she's staying with me till she finds a job and a place of her own. Why would she get mail here?

Hugs. I know. It's so frustrating.

DammitJanet

I hate all that bs too. I want to know why I need a piece of mail to get a photo ID or drivers license? Especially a renewal? And now our glorious state has decided they wont issue the darned ID in the office. They give you a paper saying you applied, were approved and the stupid thing will come in the mail. They say that will work as ID or for the cops but guess what? No one will take it as ID because there is no picture on it! Duh.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
OMG Janet! Guess I should be grateful ours hasn't gotten quite that bad.

Guess I'll find out if the DMV will require the same sort of thing............the kids will have to get their state ID/license changed over soon.......having MO ones is starting to complicate things.

What amazes me most is all these places are starting to require all this mail as *proof of residence* yet more and more people are paying all their bills online. Even husband and I pay 99 percent of all our bills online. We were just lucky water and gas is just easier to do in person so we still get a paper bill. ughhh