A little nervous...

mavh2005

difficult child is going on her first overnight Girl Scout Camp without me. This is also the first camp she's been to since being put on medications. I completely trust the adults that will be with her, but I'm still nervous. I'm sure once this weekend is over, the week long camp that is coming up in July will be a breeze.

Sheila

I've so experienced this type anxiety with-difficult child's "firsts."

We have to keep nudging them toward maturity -- let them grow. But it's hard not to expect a disaster.

It'll be ok. Hugs

slsh

member since 1999
I agree with- Sheila - it will be okay. ;) But I also can relate to your butterflies!!! I think that's normal with- any kid, just heightened with a difficult child. I hope she has a fabulous time (and that the troop leaders get the girls to bed at a decent hour, LOL).

Bravo to you for letting her go away for a week this summer!!! I'm a big believer in overnight summer camps - I think it's a fabulous opportunity for our kids to grow and learn. (Not such a big fan of the stress it puts on Mom, but that's a whole 'nother issue ;) ).

I hope she has a wonderful time this weekend, comes home with lots of stories about what they did, and isn't too tired. :)

mavh2005

I'm sure she'll have a blast. She loves camping with the Girl Scouts. Plus she'll be working on an important badge/award, so it's going to be another wonderful experience.

As far as the stress goes, I'm working on that. difficult child is going to have to pack her own bag today afterschool. This should be interesting. Thankfully, the leader is super organized and sent a list of everything she'll need to take. I told husband to help her, but not do it for her.. I'd love to be a fly on her wall this afternoon.