A question....

TEACH

Is there such a thing like mother rejection disorder? For example... When your mother would leave you when you are very young and you never hear from her again...

I tried to google some different things to find some information on it.. Like case studies.. but I did not really find anything that was proven research..

Any help or comments?

Sheila

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">and you never hear from her again... </div></div>

That could certainly create abandonment issues.

Attachment Disorder aka Reactive Attachment Disorder might be something else you want to research? It's my understanding Attachment Disorder is a much more complex problem.

You might want to move this thread to the General Forum. It has more traffic and I can think of a couple of members that have have experience with-attachment issues.

Martie

Attachment disorder can occur when the primary caregiver goes away--for what ever reason. It can alos occur with a parent physical present but not psychologically available, ie., mother's with untreated schizophrenia have children with attachment disorders at a higher rate than the general population.

Martie