A rock and a hard place....

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
I rec'd several calls today regarding kt's discharge date. I had to remind all concerned that psychiatrist wasn't inclined to discharge kt until all the staffing was in place. We were not to be set up to fail - period!

In the meantime, we have expanded the search for Integrated Listening Systems (ILS) or PCAs to 3 different companies.

I'm powerless in the contract service area until CADI manager lines things up. psychiatrist, therapist & SW at Residential Treatment Center (RTC) are demanding to know if/and/or when the services will be in place.

Are there services? And if they cannot staff those services what is the next move?

I finally asked Residential Treatment Center (RTC) personnel if they had any ideas. Because if they had some miraculous staff resource, please share it with me.

I'm being pushed to bring kt home by the same people who are saying that kt cannot come home until services are in place.

I speak with CADI manager & mental health CM on a daily basis.

And people wonder why I need respite this weekend. I'm not even going to address the calls I've taken on behalf of wm.

Done venting - I'm trying to talk husband into a snowball fight tonight. To just have fun in the snow.

I'm inclined to go out a make a few snow angels. :angel:

tiredmommy

I think a snowball fight sounds great! Hopefully the Residential Treatment Center (RTC) staff will remember that implementing & maintaining the treatment plan is their objective for kt, not getting her home asap.

F

flutterbee

Oh, for crying out loud! Do you ever get the feeling that sometimes people are just being deliberately obtuse? How annoying!

I hope you enjoy playing in the snow. The weekend is almost here.

AK0603

Hi, sorry things are hard for you. Your title hit home to me, I've been there for so long.
(((hugs)))to you

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
A friend called me this evening & gave me a good piece of advice...just give them a date. :nonono: Any date.

Soooooo, how does August 1st, 2007 as a discharge date sound? Do you think it will be accepted? I bet we can find staff by then. :rofl:

busywend

I say go for it. It is something different anyway.

Good luck - I hope they find resources soon before kt starts getting anxious about it again.
Sheesh.

:slap: