A very early good Saturday morning...

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning friends & fellow warrior parents, :warrior:

As I've yet to sleep tonight I thought I'd start the good morning thread. In the meantime, I have dusted, watered plants, cleaned the bathroom, used lemon wax on my kitchen cabinets & oiled down my butcher block island.

Don't kid yourselves, I'm tired & feel like someone ran over me....but I'm tired with a clean kitchen & bathroom & the vacuum needs to be run in the living/dining room. :smile: :rolleyes:

I expect I'll sleep tomorrow after husband runs kt & I on a few errands.

It's supposed to be a sunny day today, like yesterday. husband & kt have a couple of last minute yard things to accomplish & then it can snow like a sun of a gun for all I care. :blizzard: The yard will be ready for next season.

Here's to a good Saturday for all of you. I hope your difficult children cooperate, that you can get done what you had planned & you find time for fun & a reason to smile. Hug your loved ones! :flower:

Marguerite

G'day, Linda. My, you HAVE been busy!

I'm cooking a lamb soup tonight, I can smell it wafting through the house, smells like it's done. We've had dinner, but we had these 'bits' filling the freezer, it was time to do something. So I roasted the bones (with bits of meat on them) then simmered them yesterday. Today I picked the meat off the bones and tonight (when easy child 2/difficult child 2 got home with more vegetables, I've put it on.
She got the bits of celery for free - a customer bought a bunch of celery and easy child 2/difficult child 2 asked, "Would you like me to trim the tops off for you?"
So I got the trimmings for the soup - I'm happy, the customer was happy - the price was right, too.

This afternoon I took difficult child 3 and difficult child 1's girlfriend to the beach. girlfriend & I catnapped (she in my tent) while difficult child 3 played. The water was lovely but I didn't feel like a swim (still not strong). So I chatted to neighbours who are there every weekend. We're already enjoying our beach, and we're not even into summer yet. A few more weeks. A lovely afternoon, then home to tidy the garden. girlfriend's mother arrived to collect girlfriend & difficult child 1. girlfriend is about to move into her own unit, she is very happy to be leaving home.

We have an art exhibition on in the village this weekend - difficult child 3 & I saw it today, husband & mother in law are going tomorrow. It's an annual fundraiser for the local school, it's the biggest earner of the year. Tomorrow is also the school fair, so it should be interesting. Will the local brats leave difficult child 3 alone this time? We shall see...

Enjoy your Saturday.

Marg

tiredmommy

Good morning. :coffee:
Linda- I've mailed out the key. You can clean my cabinets overnight whenever you choose! :rofl:
Marg- The beach sounds great!!! Enjoy your soup. :sushi:
I have a few errands to run this morning and Duckie has dance. Then tonight is the big banquet for cheer leading. It should be fun! :fan:
Have a great day. Hi to anyone that snuck in. :bath:

RAZZLYNNE17

GOOD MORNING ALL!

Linda- my goodness i had lot's of soda last night and still went to sleep, as least you have a clean house.

Marg- your soup sounds good, i have not had lamb since i was a kid.

Tm- have fun at the banquet

difficult child and i had a house warming party last night, difficult child ended up leaving to go to a dance at school, as he says to check out the chicks, yikes i have a true teen boy now. It was a lot of fun having everyone over, as this is not usally my thing. They all chipped in and got us some nice stuff. Tonight i will cooking my mom dinner, let's hope i remember how to cook, as difficult child is so picky i don't do it often. Have a great day everyone!

K

Kjs

Good Morning

Linda...you must get some sleep. :sleeping: been there done that with cleaning at night. Every noise you make sounds so loud!

Marg - Soup sounds good for our weather. :cold: I could enjoy the beach right about now. :thumb: (beach icon is gone...for the season I assume)

TM - enjoy the banquet with Duckie. :bravo:

Jen - hope your dinner turns out a success. :spaghetti:

Last day of work, then 4 off. Have a horrible headache tonight. :ill: Got to bed late yesterday and nobody woke me up. I had 20 minutes. :surprise: That contributed to my headache. I would of left already but I gave my partner a ride to work as his car broke down. :rolleyes:
I got my yard work done earlier this week when the weather was in the 60's. :thumb: Even strung up my xmas lights.
:its_all_good:

Have a good weekend!

K

Kjs

OMG...I just remembered. I don't have 4 days off. I have class for work on Tuesday and Wednesday, then back to work Wednesday night! Dang.

Good Morning

Linda enjoy your clean house

Marg wow the beach didn't get there at all this year

TM I hope ya'll enjoy the cheerleading banquet

Jen if I can cook anyone can

KJ sorry you have a headache

I've gotta clean my house now and then me and husband are having our date night tonight WOO HOO!!!

The neighbors kid is gonna watch difficult child hopefully not for the last time she'll have him for over 8 hours

We're going to Greensboro to see Casting Crown in concert I can't wait

I hope everyone enjoys their Weekend