aahhhhhh........difficult child what the?

ready2run

he coloured all over his face with scented marker and it doesn't wash off. i sent him for some quiet time and i go to get him and he's covered in it. and he chewed the green one because it smelled like toothpaste(and apparently tastes like mushrooms). i am embarrased and i don't want to send him to school looking like this. most of it came off, but it is still obvious what happened. not to mention he keeps saying i told him to do it when he asked me to. which i didn't and if he had asked i obviously would not have said 'go ahead.' like he's saying i did. i didn't even know he had the markers, he hid them in his room when i wasn't looking. he thinks he is an awesome looking rainbow tiger.........

KTMom91

I'd send him to school with a note of explanation to the teacher. If he thinks he's an "awesome looking rainbow tiger," he's obviously not worried, and you don't want to set a precedent for getting out of school.

buddy

LOL, Q spent like 4 days in the psychiatric hospital with dark green paint stuck i the creases of his face becasue he couldn't get it all off, they allowed them to face paint and he did it all over solid like he always does! He has done it so many times, then scrubs so hard he gets scabs on his face from rubbing the skin off. Makes me crazy... he looks like he has a disease.

Have you read the book about the girl who begs for markers, mom starts wtih washable, then she does so well she asks for smelly ones then eventually ends up with permanent never come off until you die and maybe later markers... I think it may be a robert Munsch book??? she ended up using he skin colored marker to cover up the stuff she colored all over her face.... she had colored her dad too, when he was asleep. when this is all over, you might want the book to remember the moment in a funnier way....

sigh, been there done that too many times.

exhausted

Oh kids! Alcohol will remove it-just watch the eye area! We teachers get this. You can't imagine the "tatoos" and other lovely things that kids come to school with.

InsaneCdn

Mechanic's hand cleaner with pumace... is the more modern all-purpose cleaner... works on dried paint and all sorts of other uglies... just watch out for eyes.

Or you can use the old-fashioned one... Cook up a slab of bacon - the old-fashioned high-fat high-salt stuff. Use the actual bacon however you wish, but reserve the fat in the pan. Strain it, cool it. Work it into the skin well until the bacon grease is dirty, wipe off and repeat. When you can't get much more off, go take a bath.

(the bacon-grease trick also works with oil-base paint, even if its in your hair!)

H

HaoZi

There's a better mechanic's hand cleaner without pumice, it's called Goop, it gets all kinds of stuff clean and it's cheap.

Methuselah

Thanks for the memory! When Screamo was in fourth grade, he would draw, I mean, scribble a goatee on his face with black Sharpie. It drove me nuts but made his teacher laugh, because he was also rockin' one pant leg rolled up and the other down at the time. I let him ride the phase. Figured he get tired of having to scrub, and I mean scrub, it off each night. He did. He lasted a couple of days. :)

ready2run

i ended up bringing him to school and since i walk him i just let them know when i dropped him off. they thought it was funny. i may be mean, but i hope the other kids tease him. maybe that will teach him. he got mad at me last night, he wanted chocolate and i kept telling him tigers are cats and cats don't eat chocolate so he'd have to pick something healthier to eat..lol

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Err... Don't tell him, but I had a cat who LOVED chocolate... (And no, we didn't LET her have it, but she tried anyway...)

Chaosuncontained

Carson at age 4 drew ALL over (and I do mean ALL over) his naked body...with a fuschia Sharpie. We got as much off as we could. I used alcohol and soap and water (and then made sure I lotioned him up--the alcohol is so drying). The PreK teacher and school staff KNEW how he was so...they weren't surprised. I remember this day so well as he also laid on 18 eggs in his bed to try to "hatch" them.

Sometimes you just have to laugh it off--at least he didn't marker all over a classmate or sibling. HUGS

buddy

Carson at age 4 drew ALL over (and I do mean ALL over) his naked body...with a fuschia Sharpie. We got as much off as we could. I used alcohol and soap and water (and then made sure I lotioned him up--the alcohol is so drying). The PreK teacher and school staff KNEW how he was so...they weren't surprised. I remember this day so well as he also laid on 18 eggs in his bed to try to "hatch" them.

Sometimes you just have to laugh it off--at least he didn't marker all over a classmate or sibling. HUGS

I needed that laugh. A little guy I took care of got in trouble at age 4 for eating his gold fish. His mom caught him with it in his mouth... she yelled, C, you dont eat fish! He said, yes we do mommy... you always make fish for us. lol.....

and as mad as I get about Q collecting those nasty cigarette butts, the other day I went to wake him and he was lying on his back mouth open with a butt stuck to his lower lip. I did crack up but then he got in trouble!

doubletrouble

Last week my ds7 colored his butt, and his front private parts with black sharpie. He told me that the pen accidentally fell down his pants and got stuck. :groan:

buddy

ROFL! Q had cat food fall up his nose and in his ear too! funny where things fall and how much damage they do.

exhausted

Be glad he isnt a 4 year old girl. The hair stylist saw us (and other 4 year old girls) at least monthly for quite a spell as mine decided to begin her hair cutting career early. I don't think I have one normal looking 4 year old picture! Bangs of all sorts, quite some "artsy" asymetrical cuts!

ready2run

Last week my ds7 colored his butt, and his front private parts with black sharpie. He told me that the pen accidentally fell down his pants and got stuck. :groan:

oh my!! that is hilarious.

thanks guys, i don't feel so bad now.

exhausted, we have already gone through the haircutting stage where difficult child not only cut his own hair several times but cut a huge chunk out of a little girls hair, her hair was so long and curly i don't think she'd ever had a haircut before that.