Adding to the good book read...

Abbey

Spork Queen
Just finished reading 'Dear John,' by Nicholas Sparks. It's probably one of the most comfortable, moving books I've read in a long time. A great love story between two people and an autistic brother.

Can't wait to go get his other 5 or so books!! (There will be no house cleaning done anytime soon.):peaceful:

Abbey

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Oh Boy, all of his books make me cry, they are so romantic and heart warming. My H thinks they are too mushy, which they are, but man, if you want to completely get absorbed, he's the guy.

Abbey

Spork Queen
You know, they may be a bit mushy, but I felt his honesty in writing the characters were....best word I can say is 'real.' These are thoughts that most people have, but men rarely expose that internal side of themselves. Just my airchair doctor opinion.

His writing style is somewhere inbetween a romance writer and Steven King. Not too wordy...easy read.

Abbey

Nancy

Nicholas Sparks is my easy child's favorite author.

I'd love a few suggestions on books I can download to my MP3.

Nancy

Lothlorien

I just listened to the first half of The Outlander by Diana Gabaldon. It is a really good read. I'm waiting for the other half (cds) to come in. ( I ripped the cd's to Media Player and then downloaded them to the MP3.)

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I just listened to the first half of The Outlander by Diana Gabaldon. It is a really good read. I'm waiting for the other half (cds) to come in. ( I ripped the cd's to Media Player and then downloaded them to the MP3.)

Do you not just LOVE this book?? I read all of them. I am currently reading her 2nd book in the John Grey series. Who does the reading on the audio? The books are HUGE.

Lothlorien

Jo, I do absolutely love this author. I just started this series and I'm so hooked on the way she writes.

I'm not sure who the woman is who reads it, she's an English actress. She's very good. I've listened to some books, where it seemed like the book was good, but the reader was horrible so I couldn't listen. This woman is very good, especially with all the voices and accents.

I listened to the first half of the first book. I thought it was the end and thought it had ended oddly. Then I just realized that it was only part I of II. They are huge. The next book is 33 CDs!!!! I can't wait to get them. They are on hold with the library. She's truly a very talented writer.