...and here we go again!

Castle Queen

Warrior in training
Another 3 day OSS. Brings the total up to 8 days. Today it was kicking another student in the privates. Emergency call into psychiatrist. Very probable on this course to lose my supervisory position at work. TG I do have a few days of vacation time left. Waiting to hear the whole story...knowing that the truth will be elusive.

dstc_99

Wow! Gotta love their persistence (NOT)! I hope you can find a way to speak with your supervisor and let them know what is going on and why you need the time. Plus you can let them know you are working with mental health to end the absences.

Castle Queen

Warrior in training
I'm meeting with my supervisor in a few hours. Acc to difficult child, he doesn't know why he did it...he was walking back from the teacher's desk and just...did it. A kid he is "friends" with (as much as difficult child is friends with anyone) who didn't say a word to him. Oh, he also said that after the incident the child said "it didn't even hurt" but yeah, I know, not the point.
See what I mean about the truth?

Wiped Out

Staff member
Sending gentle hugs your way. When my difficult child was about your difficult child's age he was constantly being suspended and I know how frustrating it is. We did finally have our psychiatrist write a letter stating that a lot of difficult child's behavior was due to his disability. They started following his BIP and then doing in school suspensions. Does your son have a BIP? Are they following it?

Tiapet

Old Hand
What about a manifestation meeting for IEP if no BIP yet? Even if there is a BIP, this may constitute a new manifestation no?

Castle Queen

Warrior in training
Thanks guys. He doesn't have anything yet. We are in the process of evaluating him for an IEP and they have until early January to complete everything. (darned holidays!) I am not sure if they can expell him or not during this time. I'm not sure why they didn't give him ISS instead of OSS- it's sure not a punishment for him to get out of school. It must be in the discipline policy somewhere; they probably consider it assault. ON the up side, the meeting with my supervisor went well. I am able to change my hours at least temporarily to be home with him during the suspension and after school.

Gwenage

I don't have much to add other than pointing it that you are not alone in this. We live in fear of our phones ringing from 9am to 3:45pm because it is usually the school calling to tell us our child is refusing to go to class or has yelled some awful word at a group of kids.

Deep breaths and remember to get your kid into therapy and any needed medications ASAP. Therapists really help be a voice for my difficult child and we are bringing her to his placement meeting with the school board.
:smile:

Castle Queen

Warrior in training
I definitely plan to bring difficult child's therapist into the mix if the school decides he doesn't qualify for an IEP. Or hire an advocate. Part of me tells me difficult child would thrive in online school, but after he graduates? He still won't know how to get along in the real world. Not to mention we don't have a parent at home to supervise online school.