Andy

The current medications and vitamins are working GREAT!!!

difficult child states he if feeling better for the most part. The "weird" feeling is going away. I am seeing a happier more confident kid.

He is not as clingy and in fact has joined the other 12 yr old boys in searching out ways to be independent.

He ASKED to go to Radio Shack while I am in Sears shopping for clothes for myself. He left me filling drink cups in the food court to run to a nearby bathroom.

He does fine alone at home for a few hours.

He has not needed his Xanax since school was over. Only once we considered giving it but he made it through the situation without.

He states he is excited to go into the Public School Middle School and just a little scared at the same time - how easy child is that?

Besides those listed below, difficult child has a Mega Teen vitamin, Vitamin D-3, and Calcium chew.

He has started seeing spots again - about once or twice per week so the 48 hr EEG is still scheduled to keep a check on that. It may come down to him being dehydrated more easily than others but as long as we have a chance to check for seizures I am still going through with it.

maril

Wow! Thanks for sharing the good news. It is encouraging. I bet he is having a great summer (and you, too :D). Enjoy.

bby31288

Andy,

What class of medicine is Citalopram? My difficult child sufferes from deep anxiety. She is currently on 450 MG of Wellbutrin SR. Doesn't seem to be helping with that much!

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Andy,

What class of medicine is Citalopram? My difficult child sufferes from deep anxiety. She is currently on 450 MG of Wellbutrin SR. Doesn't seem to be helping with that much!

I'm on Citalopram... AKA Lexapro. 20mg/day seems to help keep my panic attacks at bay - mostly.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Andy,
I'm so glad to hear your difficult child is doing so well!! Keeping all fingers crossed this continues:)

Andy

Citalopram is our generic for Celexa - an SSRI.

We were given a choice between Celexa and Zoloft. The Flouxetine (aka Prozac) had helped so much but still difficult child was feeling weird. He also developed a rash which may have been from the Flouxetine.

I hope that the "weird feeling" continues to get less and less and go away. Looks like Citalopram is reaching it where Flouxetine did not.

TerryJ2

Wow, that's fantastic! Congratulations.
You must be thrilled.
Isn't it funny how some kids have awful reactions and some kids do well on the same medication? It's so much trial and error.

Keep us informed. :)

bby31288

Thanks. We were on the Lexapro but the weight gain was significant. Being 16, it was hard to keep her on it. So far weight gain not to bad on the wellbutrin. I just don't think it is covering it as much as it could be. The dr has been thinking about changing. Might be a good trial.

M

ML

I am so happy to hear this. I have a friend who swears Vit D deficiency is the cause of all evil. Between that and the Celexa it sounds like you have a good thing going on there. Hugs, ML

Andy

Thank you! I asked him again last night about his what has become normal "weird feeling" and he again stated it is still going away.

The weight gain possibility of some medications scare me. I don't see that on the patient info sheet as a side effect so here is hoping.

The real test will come the last day of August when he has his first day of school. That may bring on some anxiety again.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I am so so so happy to read this.
It really sounds like he is very mature and tries hard to talk to you about how he is doing and what he is feeling. Such a nice thing.