angelsense GPS tracker? anyone use one of these?

kim75062

Ive been looking for GPS tracking watches for my 6 year old that will run off from school. This seems to be the best one Ive found so far because its not actually a watch and goes into a pocket. Unless he takes his clothes off he wont be able to remove it. But its expensive to keep. The device is like $60 or something on sale all the time but the service is $40 a month. Anyone have experience with any of these new kid tracker devices?

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Not familiar with the "kid trackers", but have had a GPS tracker on my phone since they became available. Initially I had to pay extra for the service, but over the last several contracts with Verizon, the service has been included with my service.

The reason i have it is that is I were to be dead in a ditch and hence not show up somewhere, I could be located using the GPS on my phone.

I'm always early to everything, so people start worrying 10 minutes after I'm supposed to be somewhere.

kim75062

These new trackers where specifically designed for autistic kids that wander. The app for it tracks them at all times its on and you can "listen in " like a baby monitor at any time to hear what going on around them. They also have designated zones so if my child should be at school and leaves the property of the school it will send me an alert immediately. It seems like a great idea but the $40 monthly subscription seems like a lot.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
35-60 dollars a month seems to be the price range for any sort of monitoring service. I have a pretty good idea of the technology that goes into a monitoring center of this type and actually, 40 dollars a month is pretty reasonable.

kim75062

The more I think about it is worth it but I wish the cell companies had something better then kid phones and watches that couldnt be taken off so easily. An extra cell line is only $10 a month. If mine stays in school I'm probably going to order it. And I really dislike the 1 year contract.