Another not sure where to post!!!!

nvts

Congrats on the Move! He's going to love the xtra room to play & have fun. And the end of September! That's perfect! Just in time to get the "lay of the land" for Halloween! We always "mapped out" where we were going.

If you're in NYC and he's in Special Education, you may want to call the CSE to make sure that everything's in place (local school supports spec. ed., busing if you need it - we're 4 blocks away from the local school, easy child daughter takes the bus - 1st grade; but the boys go to school faaaaar away - so they get door to door).

I don't know the rules outside of the Dept. of Ed. in NYC., maybe you could post a question on the Special Education. forum - those guys know EVERYTHING!! At least way more than I do! lol

Hope everything goes great with the move (hey, maybe we'll be neighbors!).

Beth

LittleDudesMom

That's great news!

I believe I am correct in assuming that beaner is not in Special Education - so it's really simple. Once you know 100% that you are moving and what the exact address is, contact the new school and find out their guidelines for transferring a student.

I wouldn't tell your son, especially since he's so young, until the move in pretty close - perhaps a week. At the same time I would notify his current school and let them know that you will be moving (and let them know you have already contacted the new school).

It's a smooth transition from one public school to another, especially if you don't have an IEP to worry about. You may want to do some thinking about a parent report, should it be needed at the new school to give them some background history on difficult child.

Again, congrats!

Sharon

TerryJ2

Congrats! Way To Go!
I'm sure you'll get some good advice here. Good luck. I hope it's a smooth transition. All I can offer is that the more you plan out and the less you leave to chance, the easier it will be. But you already knew that. :smile:

nvts

Oh, rub it in! You get to look at water falls and I get to look at the Hudson River (eeeeeeewwwwww!).
:thumbsdown:
Congrats again!

Beth