Any members in the flooding area?

Abbey

Spork Queen
Have CNN on all the time and just concerned about board members who might be in the path. If so, they probably can't post.

I was in a flood in 1972 that killed 238 people so I know how traumatic it can be.

I hope everyone is being safe and NOT going into the water.

Abbey

Wiped Out

Staff member
Abbey,
I'm not in the worst of it by any means even though we have been in the flash flood warnings. It's amazing to see small lakes where there were none before.

However, all around us it is very bad. Where I used to live in another city they had to evacuate. Huge portions of the interstate near us are closed. husband works with a lady who had major flood damage to her house-she lives about 25 minutes from us. Driving home from our field trip the other day we saw so much flooding it was unreal.

Sending up prayers for all those dealing with this.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I hope our board members in the area are safe, and that they can check in when possible.

Saying prayers for all those in the path.

Abbey

Spork Queen
From what I understand, communication is difficult right now. I just hope they are all safe and will check in soon.

Abbey

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
Hi, thanks for the phone call. Been extremely busy here as I volunteer for the Red Cross. Our town was smart after a major flood in the 60's they built a dike. It prevents us from too much damage. However all around us is in extreme need. My mom is in one of the towns that was featured on CNN. I have an aunt in another of the bad towns. And of course difficult child 1 lives in another of the towns that was hit. The facility difficult child 2 is in is near some other bad spots. So between keeping in contact with all of them and working with the Red Cross very busy here. Hope all is well with others. Anyone need me to ship some water to your area we have a little to spare?

Beth

Tiapet

Old Hand
Abbey, one of the people affected but doesn't really post here anymore is, none other then BLONDIE!!! :( If I recall her and Pico lived somewhere around the University area I thought or something? Someone else might know better then I.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Abbey, one of the people affected but doesn't really post here anymore is, none other then BLONDIE!!! :( If I recall her and Pico lived somewhere around the University area I thought or something? Someone else might know better then I.

Hmmm...I'll try and send her an email. Thanks for the heads up.

Abbey