Anyone know about this medication?

Star*

call 911........call 911
Aldacton? The doctors appointment today was NOT a good one. Sigh - when it rains it pours....

I can't get the flu shot either - lol - allergic to it. ROFLMflushotOFF

:sick::faint::(:whiteflag::whiteflag::whiteflag:

Star*

call 911........call 911
OMG are you SERIOUS?????

Maybe I spelled it wrong...

ALDACTONE.......is that better?

SEX CHANGE???? I KEEP MY MOUTH SHUT.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Same thing.

No, I don't know anything about it, and Wiki didn't help me any. But I thought it might make you smile.

(the sex change part is actually for male-to-female transgendered people, so...you're already on the right path with all that.) Mods, is that a "to my corner" statement?;)

trinityroyal

Here's a quick dump of information I found on uses for Aldactone.
Seems that it's used for certain heart conditions, water retention, and hormone imbalances, so...Hypertension, Acne and Sex Change kinda makes sense.

Aldactone Oral
Back to Drug Overview
What conditions does this medication treat?
Aldactone Oral is used to treat the following:
Diagnostic Test for Primary Hyperaldosteronism, Low Amount of Potassium in the Blood, High Blood Pressure, Chronic Heart Failure, Accumulation of Fluid Resulting from Chronic Heart Failure, Fluid in the Lungs due to Chronic Heart Failure, Accumulation of Fluid caused by Cirrhosis of the Liver, Accumulation of Fluid caused by Kidney Disease, Visible Water Retention, Ascites
Aldactone Oral may also be used to treat:
Disease of Ovaries with Cysts, Diastolic Heart Failure, Male Pattern of Hair Distribution or Hirsutism in a Woman

Star*

call 911........call 911
It's for one of the water retentions - apparently he thinks my kidneys are not doing their job. Sigh....carp, carp, carp! GOOSE.

I also got sent for something called an AA test - he suspects Lupus. OH yippee. lol....

Is there any place to get this aldactone for cheap? GHEEZE LOUISE -even the generic is $45....anyone know of a list this is on like at a Publix or Kmart, or Walmart.....(gulp)

:anxious:

susiestar

Roll With It
The test for lupus is an ANA, or anti-nuclear antibody test. It is not the only test.

I took aldactone for quite a while for water retention. It really helped during my periods after thank you was born. I would bloat up 30 lbs or more. Aldactone is a potassium sparing diuretic, so you don't get low potassium as you might with other diuretics. It did make me FEEL a lot better.

I hope you don't have lupus, but it would be a good idea to read up on it. ONLY read new info, DO NOY go find an old book and read about lupus. When my mom was first diagnosis'd with it my bro was inthe Army, about to go to Germany. He went to the base library and read some books about it. They said that lupus was terminal, and would give a life expectnacy of 2-5 years. I think most of those books are gone, but he was terribly frightened. Now they KNOW that lupus is NOT a terminal disease, so I don't want you or DF or Dude to go read something in an old library and get scared.

Big Gentle Hugs!

Susie

KTMom91

If you're an AAA member, they offer prescription discounts. That was the only way we could even remotely afford Miss KT's medications before we had insurance.

Jena

Hi

So did you start taking this new medication? Sex change thing was funny, I'm sure that gave you a laugh :)

I'm sorry you have alot going on right now, too much infact. How is medication if you have tried it?

Lupus, ok let's hope not.

hugs to you

meowbunny

Okay, enough is enough. I'm locking you in your house for the weekend. No going out and no answerng the phone. You relax, pamper yourself as much as possible. Think beautiful thoughts. Every time something negative crops into your mind, think of your favorite beach, the waves crashing, the sun shining, a bird or two swooping ... rrr eee lll aaa xxx

Star*

call 911........call 911
I have insurance BUT the co-pay is $250 dollars and rolls OVER November 11th. So .....it would be futile to buy all my medications NOW and NOT get insurance for the rest of the year. Even with my insurance they told me it would be $45 - (our insurance inhales) gosh why do I pay $423 a month? Not sure!

I am a AAA member so i will check with that.....THANKS K.

My Mom's sister died from Lupus at 22. That was back in 1971. Keep in mind I'm adopted but...my Mom is freaking. I told her what I read about it - THANKS for the new web site info and the link ;) wynter - and is able to be kept under control with diet, exercise and medicines.

I'm not worried and I dont' even care if what I have has a name- I just want to stop feeling exhausted and sloshy and fat. Dr. said in a smart tone "Well MOSt people work 8 hours - want to know why you're exhaused? You work 15 duh." (he's the gayest man I've ever known but BRILLIANTLY gifted as a doctor - and he sings Barry Manilow songs in the halls.) LOVE IT.

Does anyone know about any pharmacies that are giving away gift cards with a new prescription???

That could help - (I'll buy chocolate) and take my friends advice and
rrrr eeeeee llllll aaaaa xxxx.

Thanks all

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
These are those times when you want them to take you and not Dude. At least you would get health care a rest and fed! Maybe you can barter, Take you and DF give you guys a double cell... You and DF can rehab for awhile. Let the State take care of the both of you!!!
But only if you get weekends out!
Sorry so so so soooo sorry... My magic wand is obviously not working. Maybe tomorrow when I actually dress up like a witch, it will work?

Star*

call 911........call 911
According to some mysrickal sources? I'm a witch every day -

And I digress - IF YOU FILLED OUT YOUR paperwork during the day YOU WOULD not have me handing it to you at 4:59 as I skip out the door to my broom saying "I NEED THIS AT 7:30 AM."

Kackle

Star,

Sometimes Target gives away gift cards for a new or transferred prescription. I don't know if your local Target is doing it this week. However, it couldn't hurt to call the pharmacy and ask. I think it's only a $10 gift card, but at least it brings the $45 copay down a bit. I've never heard of Wal-Mart doing this but maybe they give them away in your area. Call there too.

It's bad enough you're sick - Insurance companies S-CK!!! I hope you find a cheaper way to get your prescription.

Take it easy. Try to get as much rest as you can. I know this is easier said than done since you're working two jobs...

Sorry I don't have any great info or advice. I just want you to know I'm thinking of you and hope you're feeling better soon... WFEN

Star*

call 911........call 911
Ahhhhhh.........

Sometimes it goes well doesn't it? I looked up the names of the generics -

I looked at Kmart, Publix, Target and Walmart -

I found a lower dose of it at Walamrt - called the Dr. office and asked them to phone in the script for twice the pills at the lesser dose. DO YOU THINK THEY COULD DO THAT? OMG -

I get a call back - saying "Ms. Star the doctor said he ALREADY GAVE you medicne that was generic." then click- nice message - great tone I give it a -1 on customer service.

So I called back and said "Yup the doctor did give me medications that are generic BUT........(long long dramatic pause) Walmart does NOT sell it in that dose.......(longer pause) THEY DO sell it in the dose I called in and told the receptionist to write down, and repeat my message back so I'm NOT SURE HOW it got back to Dr. Happy that I thought he didn't give me a generice (longer longer pause) sigh.....but I did my best to explain it the first time and haven't changed my story this time either.....AND....(said like disgusted) I am SO SORRY that Dr. Happy has poor patients but I can't afford the co-pay on my insurance for either medication......AND......WM has them BOTH for $20 for a 90 days supply each. (exhale)

She (quietly) said "OH i see" and I said "Aren't you the same nurse that LOST my paperwork with all my tax information and SS# and income information for the reduced cost migraine medication?" (dead silence because she WAS) and then I said (just to be nice) well that doesn't matter I had to bring it back in and gave it to someone else - they got it done.

She meekly said "Okay Ms. Star I'm going to check with Dr. Happy, I understand and I'll call you back if there are any problems."

So far - NO CALL.......:faint: