Anyone use small business software that includes inventory & invoicing?

DDD

October 14th my business software system stopped working. The computer people really have given it the old college try but my system is OLD and DOS based. Timing is terrible as I'm tired lately and I can not operate the store. I'm using handwritten tickets and guessing at prices...and whine, whine, whine.

Yesterday I went to work and explored on the internet. I am gobsmacked by the choices to say nothing of being confused to death. Just wondering if any of the family is running a program they would recommend.

Somehow I really doubt that the DOS system info can be transferred to a newer system. Geez I wish Donald Trump would walk into my grungy store and buy it to use as a tax write off. LOL DDD

S

Signorina

Hi D- at my job - we use a proprietary version of Eagle Activant. It's s fairly complex program but I believe they offer many other versions.

For H's business, we use Peachtree. The best deal I've found is thru Frys.com around the year end- there is usually a hefty rebate available. We upgrade to the new version every 3 years. It does have an import function, so you may be able to import your inventory or customer lists from your old system. I really like the A/R program.

Hth

Star*

call 911........call 911
We used to use Quickbooks.......really liked it. Haven't used it in a while, but it's fairly simple if it is SET UP CORRECTLY from the get go.

DammitJanet

I was thinking something like peachtree too. Not that I have worked in anything like that in years and years but it cant be all that hard to find a program that actually meets what you want to do. The issue is going to be whether you can transfer what you have/had on your old system to this new program and wont have to do an entire inventory and enter everything all over again. If that is the case, there is a new scanner out there that allows you to scan things straight into the computer and it will put things where they need to go which I would urge you to get. Hopefully you can print out lists of customers, bills, prices, inventory, accounts receivable, accounts payable, all that good stuff. The scanner would send the lists to the appropriate place in the new program without you having to manually type it in all over again.

InsaneCdn

Simply Accounting is more powerful than QuickBooks - and not difficult to use.
It isn't "retail", but if you create an invoice, it has all your products etc., and you key in quantities and codes... and it handles all the pricing including taxes. Takes a little bit to get all the codes, accounts, etc. set up... but worth it. (I tried QuickBooks and it didn't have enough functionality)