Are we all dealing with back 2 school???

change

Hi again everyone...

Are we all dealing with back to school woes yet? My daughter has been back in school for 1 week and we've already had drama. We've seen evidence of her old vices, etc. I'm so sad about it. I hate to say I'm not at all surprised though. My mom is helping in the mornings since I have to be at work so early and my husband even earlier. This is both good and bad. I love seeing my mom everyday but she's not too good about stopping "loop holes". The kids always get things by her. It's strange too because each of my brothers were difficult child's at some point in their lives so you would think she'd know what to look for by now. To top things all off, my car was broken into a few days ago at work and all they stole was my workout clothes. (Stupid of me I guess to leave it in the car but really, I shouldn't have to worry about that.) I only have a $50 deductible but it's been a huge hassle and I'm still waiting on an adjuster. Meanwhile, a hurricane comes our way and my car is without a window.

Hope everyone else is having a better first week of school...

Sheila

Double whammy for you. What an aggravation on both counts.

We're off to a less than stellar start, too. I'm trying to be optomistic, but been there done that too many times in the past to psychiatric myself up presently.

I'm typing this as I watch the Hurricane coverage.... A lot of rain is expected here. The spawned tornadoes worry me. The school district has already announced that school will be closed Tuesday; the schools are set up as Red Cross shelters.

As hard as they try to forecast landfalls and outcomes, hurricanes do the most unpredictable things. Stay safe and best to you and yours regarding Gustav.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Nope, we're still in vacation mode one more day. I'm ready for anything, I guess. difficult child 2's principal already has an IEP team meeting set for next Friday to evaluate his first week, so we'll see how things go for him.

Hope you find a dry place to park your car 'til the storm passes! Stay safe!

Wiped Out

Staff member
We too have one more day of vacation. With difficult child starting middle school I have no idea what to expect. Right now I'm not overly optimistic or pessimistic.

KTMom91

Knock on wood, but things have been calm around here for the first week of school. It usually takes Miss KT a little longer than a week to develop major drama, so I'm sure something will happen in the next week or so. Hope things smooth out for you soon!

susiestar

Roll With It
Good luck to all regarding back toschool. We are going into our 3rd full week. I am trying to get a handle on the health aspect for Jess. Hard to get a health plan when the district doesn't ahve a nurse to make one. Our district requires the presence of a nurse to make the health plan. We are headed to a 504 at the minimum for her. Also dealing with her drama, but it isn't as bad as it could be. She is mostly trying to test our limits.

Anyway - good luck to all. I hope all of our kids get the right teacher for them, make lots of GOOD friends, stay away from trouble and bad influences, and don't drive us crazy!

Hugs to all.

LittleDudesMom

We've this last day of summer before the school year starts. I've actually developed a philosophy of "go with the flow" in regards to difficult child and school. If I expect the worse I worry too much, if I expect the best I'm often disappointed, but if I just go with the flow I do what needs to be done when it needs to be done!

Sharon

BusynMember

Both of my kids are nervous about school (starts Sept. 2nd), but I'm happy. Im all summered out. To be fair, both have IEPs in place and up until now neither have behavior problems, especially in school. Their problems are different--son high functioning Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) and daughter Learning Disability (LD).