At the library...cannot access site from home. Ew....

Scent of Cedar *

Hi, everyone.

:O)

When I try to access the site from my phone (since our WIFI is no longer compos mentos) I am not allowed to access myself to log in. It tells me that either my name or my email are already in use. When I try to set up a new account...it tells me that email is already taken.

Grrrr....

I cannot remember my password, and it won't accept my reset password request because ~ I forgot why, but it won't.

So, I won't be posting (unless I come to the library to use their WIFI), and that's why.

Cedar

runawaybunny

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Cedar. I'm sorry for the trouble.

If I understand you correctly you need to reset the password for your existing account and the automated system is giving you trouble so you then tried to register a new account and that's giving you trouble too.

I'll send you an email so we can figure this out.

helpangel

I'm kind of in the same boat cedar, I'm changing cable servers so my email address this site has will only exist for a couple more days.

Besides my feral cat yahoo group this site is my only interest in even having internet access, without you all I would truly feel all alone in the world.

Nancy

Scent of Cedar *

This site is very special, isn't it Nancy? Wishing you a smooth transition without interruption. I can at least go to the library here to log on and check in with everyone, and I can read everyone's posts.

It's funny, isn't it, how much we come to care for one another, though so few of us have met.

Cedar

helpangel

My dinosaur computer at my house knows my password for this site but I can't get in from another computer, library etc. without my password. Strange thing is I use the same 7 letter nonsense word with a number for everything as password, so how is it not accepting any variations of that word I type?

This transition has me downright scared because I'm putting everything to my yahoo email that my windows 2000 operating system can't open (crashes when I try) laughing wondering how long my son will let me on his computer to check email before gets me a different computer? My birthday is a couple weeks from now maybe the kids will pool their money to make it happen for me? ... well I guess I can still dream LOL. The monitor I'm using I bought at a yard sale for a buck 4 years ago.

I sent runawaybunny a PM and even included my phone # so hopefully I won't lose you all. And yes I agree with your feelings about this site and the attachments we have with people we have never met; they seem to understand even when our friends and family don't.

Nancy

runawaybunny

Administrator
Staff member
@helpangel I changed your email address to the one you sent me. I'd be happy to change your password to whatever you choose if that would help. Just let me know.

donna723

I had a problem too when trying to access the CD board on my new phone and had to get a new password. I got the email with the temporary password and thought I'd never get it in there! It included the character "O" and I couldn't tell if it was supposed to be a zero or a capital letter "o". I tried both - repeatedly - and after at least a dozen tries, it finally took it!

Scent of Cedar *

Here I am!

Missed everyone of you.

Thank you Cheryl. This site is amazing.

Maybe we don't have an opportunity to take a minute to tell you how much it means for all of us that the site exists.

Thank you, Cheryl.

:0)

Cedar