Back Regardless of Computer Trouble

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Yep. Still having trouble. ugh

I've been ready to toss the blasted thing several times. This is the first time in days I've managed to get online and to the board without it locking up on me.

:throwpc:

I'm trying to catch up on post and answer what I can. But I never know how long I'll be able to stay online.

I'm hoping Travis is going to wipe my computer and reload Windows tomorrow while I'm at school. *fingers crossed*

Drastic measure, but evidently that's the only thing gonna do the trick. sigh :pouting:

witzend

Hey, back up your data while it's working! I know there's stuff you don't want to lose! Try disconnecting your online connection when you do it, so that whatever is getting in and locking you up can't talk to the web and make it worse.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Too right Witz. Learned that one the hard way. I'm backing up all important stuff to my external hard drive. Fortunately, with the kids pics and such, my girls also have copies on their computers so there is no way we can lose them.

in my opinion everyone who has a computer should have an external hard drive. Best thing they ever came up with. It's saved my fanny soooo many times.

F

flutterbee

I'm glad you're back.

It sounds like you may have gotten that nasty virus easy child got. Virus scan couldn't get to it. I couldn't even uninstall Windows. It wouldn't let me. I finally deleted some file in the sys32 directory and then it let me reinstall Windows. I spent something like 11 straight hours on the stupid thing. I googled it and apparently a lot of people had the problem and virus scans weren't detecting it. There were some ways to get rid of it, but it basically consisted of formatting the hard drive. For easy child's computer that was only used for internet and IM, I wasn't that interested.

Then I went down to my computer and got the blue screen of death. I was so bleeping mad. We also got an email from our ISP saying that our email account was being used for spam. So, I'm sure it was all somehow related. After I took care of the problem on easy child's computer, restored my computer and put new virus software and firewalls on, the problem was fixed.

He got the virus by clicking on something that came through in a friend's IM. Somehow linked to myspace.

That is why I don't let the kids on my computer. difficult child gets on for Sims only. They have their own computers to ruin. I even have the kids on a separate modem and the router for difficult child's computer is hooked into easy child's modem. I don't want mine networked with theirs. I passed down my old computer to easy child recently and it's 6 years old and runs like a charm. I keep 'em clean. He had it hooked up for 2 weeks and started having trouble. Sigh. I'm just too tired to deal with it.