be still my heart

isabel

difficult child is home for two nights, it's a special pass as husband will be gone for a while for work.

Started Strattera two weeks ago and it seems to agree with him very well. His mood is uplifted and has been doing very well at the Residential Treatment Center (RTC) -- a dramatic improvement over the last couple of months. You can hear it in his voice, even. Not that there aren't problems here and there...but he's so much more even.

Anyway, told to take shower at 7:00. Ok Mom (huh?). Then, here he comes, out of the bathroom, towel wrapped around him. I tense, waiting for...whatever. Guess what mom and dad? I haven't had an accident in a really long time -- neither kind. And the staff don't give me my underwear anymore when I take a shower -- I'm just like the other guys now.

Wow. on both accounts -- that maybe he's coming out of the encopresis and enuerosis phase and WOW that he came out and told us and was so proud of himself.

2nd wow. After the shower I hear him running down the hall and I call out -- hold on, boy, I have to check the room (the boy cannot walk through a room without having the effect of a tornado, much less spend a few minutes in it.) He ran back to the bathroom , yelling over his shoulder "I got the floor a little wet, let me clean it up". And he did. And then he put his clothes in the laundry basket.

Double, triple, whammy WOW.

I think I'm in shock. So much so, I don't think I even care if I just incurred the curse of the board jinx for bragging :cool:

Stella Johnson

Holy cow!!! :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

I'm so happy to hear he is making such great improvement. Sounds like this placement is really working out

steph

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Iz,

That's wonderful news!!!! :bravo: :bravo:

Way To Go, difficult child :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

Keeping fingers crossed for a continued good weekend pass. :smile: You've waited a long time for this type of response from difficult child.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Isabel,
Your post made my night! What great news :bravo:I hope the weekend continues along in such a positive way. :princess:

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
:tears: Tears of joy, Isabel. This kind of post is way past due for you! :tears:

:princess: Doing the happy dance! :princess:

Hugs,
Suz

Janna

Isabel,

I could not be happier for you, my friend :bravo: :bravo:

I will say again, I swear your difficult child sounds a whole lot like my Dylan. And in all honesty, once we got the medications right (and I know that's not the 100% way, but it has alot to do with these kiddos), Dylan's whole behavior pattern took a massive turn for the better.

I don't think this is a jinx. I think that there will always be curves and bumps with difficult child, just as I have with Dylan, but maybe this is it this time. I hope he is on a better path now!

Doing the happy dance with you, friend :princess:

Ephchap

Oh, Izzy, what a great update! Smiling and crying while reading it. Wow.

Enjoy! Sending more good thoughts for continued progress your way.
:bravo:
Hugs,
Deb

Star*

call 911........call 911
Izzy,

Give my litte rock hound a hug from his Auntie here in SC. I could not be more happy to read such wonderful news.

I can understand every single accomplishment you spoke of. EVERY single one!

Hugs and Love
Star :bravo:

kris

<font color="blue">can't tell you how tickled i am to read this post.

as the kids say, "it's all good!".

kris </font>