Books That Make You Laugh - Fun Thread

susiestar

Roll With It
Have any of you Stephen King fans ever read anything by Tabitha King? She wrote one called The Trap about a family on vacation at a remote ski lodge where criminals break in that was scarier than anything her husband ever wrote because it was so REAL that you could see it and feel everything that the mom went through. it was incredible. She also wrote One on One about a high school basketball star who falls in love with a smart girl from a bad abusive home and it also was very real and human and touching though very different. I had forgotten all about the until this thread, but they are 2 of my all time favorite stories.

They are not laugh out loud, but the characters are all real and believable and so is the story in each book. I like that in an author. I have read a few of the fantasy books my husband loves and all I can do is think "Who would do that? Why would anyone in that situation make that choice?" I think it is why my husband played D&D with me one time and then flat out refused to play with me again after begging and pleading and nagging at me to give it a try. I don't mind fantasy, even like some of it, but none of the situations or choices were in ANY way anything I could see a character of mine doing. husband's D&D buddies back in the day made it clear that they had no interest in playing with me again either, thankfully. Sooo not my game, lol!

AppleCori

Random Acts of Badness by Danny Bonaduce.

Seriously.

Remember the kid on the sitcom Partridge Family? The red-haired middle brother?

He spent years living as a homeless drug addiction on the streets around Hollywood then became successful once again.

Best thing about his story is that he blames no one but himself.

And he is hilarious.

And he talks about the incident with the transvestite prostitute.