Both difficult children are making me crazy!

KTMom91

It's funny now, but it sure wasn't when it happened.

I volunteered to make dinner for a couple from church (she had a hip replacement recently), so I was on a pretty tight schedule. Miss KT was playing with the three little kittens in the living room. Hubby came home. I'm packing food in plastic thingies, wrapping bread in foil, changing my clothes to go deliver the food. Hubby reaches to pet one of the kittens, and Miss KT objects. They fuss at each other...I've had enough. From the kitchen, I yell, "STOOOOOOOP!"

A beat of silence...and then, at the same time...

"Tell HIM!" (Miss KT)
"Tell HER!" (Hubby)

All right, kiddos, recess is over...any suggestions on how to diplomatically deal with both difficult children? The big one and the one that thinks she's grown?

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I think I would just leave the house and tell them you'll come back when they're ready to stop bickering like little kids! Then take yourself out to dinner, or to a movie, or shopping, or to see a friend or whatever floats your boat for the evening!

That may not be the helpful advice you're looking for, but it's what I would do. :D

BusynMember

I would have said, "I'm telling BOTH of you." If they started to argue about who was at fault I would have said, "I really don't want to hear it." I refuse to take sides.

KTMom91

I think they both act like first graders. The biggest problem is Hubby's sense of entitlement, I guess you could say, because he's the adult. Chronologically speaking, anyway.

It's gotten better, but there are times I still feel like I'm on yard duty 24/7.