Can anything else possibly go wrong?

meowbunny

Let's see:

October -- get served with papers advising that house I'm renting is going into foreclosure. This means no getting back deposits.

Find a new place that reeks of dirty dog to the point of nausea. Borrow money from a client to put the deposits on the dawg house. Look for anything else. No luck.

November -- they get rid of most of dog smell. It's okay so long as you don't sit in one particular chair. Of course, it's the comfortable one.

Lost two clients -- one because they moved down here permanently. The other because they decided they didn't need anyone to weed. (They don't now, but wait til summer comes. hehe)

December -- get call that house has been bought by another bank (????). Means get my stuff out NOW!!!

My daughter informs me that her roomie lost his job. Partially because one manager is out to get him, partially because he has to be the laziest human alive. He'll do stuff if he has to but in slo mo. This means she needs to pay the rent by herself and she really isn't making enough to do that.

Went to client's to feed cats. Car dies on the way home. Won't start for love nor money. Get it towed to repair shop. Hoping it is something small. Well, the part is small but the cost isn't (timing belt). $567 plus labor. Lovely. I don't have the money. I don't know where I'm going to get the money. I have to be out of the old house by next Thursday. A golf cart just is not going to move that much stuff in that period of time.

Can't wait to see what else can possibly go wrong before this year ends. Right now I'd tear my hair out but there's not enough to get a grip on (really, really bad haircut in November -- forgot that).

Okay, I think I'm done whining. Not sure. Give me time and I'm sure I'll think of something else.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Oh my-whine away! I wish I could wave a wand and make it better. I hope 2009 gets here soon and brings many positive changes. Will keep you in my prayers!

Andy

I am so sorry! How frustrating! Can you kick daughter's roomie out and you move in? Sounds like you both need to team up in the finance dept.

Jena

hi

ok you have full permission from all of us to b*tch away! Is there any possible way the repair shop will allow you to pay it off the repairs on the vehicle?? i know far fetched yet I was in a pinch once with my truck and i was totally penniless and i asked adn he said yea, so i made payments on it and they actually fixed it. somtimes ppl can surprise you, truly.

so, the place your in now is also up for foreclosure as well??? in foreclosure situations you have the right to remain on the premise as long as your rent is pd. to whomever the deed was transferred to, in that case the bank. They can't just toss you out mid winter. that's total bs.

ok sorry, i got p*ssed there for a minute. So, any chance of any of that working?

klmno

I'm already having a pity party today- you are now officially invited over to my place!! I have the house- for now at least- if you can bring some other stuff, we can make it official! After reading this, I think you are totally qualified to join my party!!

meowbunny

Jennifer, the new place is not in foreclosure. The old one is. The new one, aka Le Dumpe, should be condemned in my opinion but it is a roof over my head and I'm a firm believer in that which does not kill us makes us stronger and, boy, am I going to be one tough cookie when this ends. by the way, be careful on giving legal advice. Like many things, foreclosure laws are different from state to state.

No, can't kick the roomie out. He's on the lease and, quite honestly, I'd rather be homeless than live with my daughter again, especially if it were her place. Life would truly become unbearable PDQ.

klmno, Tell me what to bring. I have everything! Only problem is figuring it out how to get it to you.

Honestly, I'm just venting and whining. I'll figure something out. In September, I would have sworn I was going to be homeless in October and I found Le Dumpe. When I found out no deposits were to be returned, my client stepped in (she volunteered, no less). I will find a way to pay for my car and, quite honestly, if I don't, I have the use of a golf cart for a year, which just means I'm limited as to where I can go but I can get everything I need by golf cart. It really isn't the end of the world, just a major inconvenience and a bunch of expenses I truly cannot afford right now. So, I'm whining. My pity party is now over.

I'll figure something out. There's always a local pawn shop (if I can find one).
See y'all tomorrow and we all know that tomorrow IS another day.

klmno

I have a car, too MB... and a fireplace. Can you get us some wood for heat? Can you babysit a 13yo (sooon to be 14yo) difficult child while I work? If so, I'll come and pick you up!!! I have cheese-

Jena

Sorry i didn't understand that with the old/new house foreclosure thing. I know that the rule are different in different states, i wans't so much as giving legal advice (i'm soo not an attorney) i was just venting myself about what total bs it is. As far as that which does not kill us makes us stronger, yes i know and i agree.

((((hugs)))))

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Want my rattletrap van? It still runs (for now). You can have it (unless the insulation guy comes back tomorrow and buys it like I'm hoping).

You are certainly due a break any minute now. (HEAR THAT?) ANY. MINUTE. NOW.

There's gotta be somone you know who can help you out in a pinch with the moving stuff, isn't there?

goldenguru

Sorry meowbunny. Seems that your plight is being shared by more and more Americans these days. No jobs - no descent housing - no help from the government. It is a scary time to exist. Hugs to you!

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
{{MB}} I hope you're able to find something positive to focus on each day. The bad stuff will pass - just try to know that everything will work out. I know it's difficult to do when things around you are crumbling. Sending hugs and positive vibes!

house of cards

Do you know anyone with a pick up truck?? Home Depot rents trucks at a reasonable price I think, but you probably have to buy something. What a lousy time of year to have to go through all of this.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
This is one of those times when you want to look up at the stars and yell, "I have enough character! Enough, already!"

Hugs,
Suz

Ropefree

Banned
Moving Sale! Call the local charities about things that you can give up and hopefully you will met someone who has a truck in front of your xhome who will take your things you do want to the new digs. Good luck! It is awful when it is awful. Lighten your load as much as possible.

Star*

call 911........call 911
ya know -

The LAST time I asked that question???? My house got struck by lightning and burned to the ground. (TAKE IT BACK NOW) ----

SHE DIN'T MEAN IT

There - that should help.......and of course I'll send hugs, a prayer, and if you're going to GCV for the chicken van? Pick me up on the way -

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

ROAD TRIP!!!!!!!!!!