Can I just say.....

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
how proud I am of kt???? :smile:

We're currently sitting in a motel room - half way home.

kt had such a good weekend. Her behaviors were age appropriate; only 2 tantrums the whole weekend & she pulled herself out of them with a little help from mom plus a phone call to Residential Treatment Center (RTC) therapist.

She had a sleepover with her cousin of about the same age on Friday evening. They had a gas - stayed up til midnight watching movies & giggling.

Did very well at the cook off. Talked with my dad about Grandma & how sad she was for herself & for Grandpa.

All in all, it was a good weekend. We only have 2 1/2 hours to travel in the morning to get home.

I'm so proud of my ktbug!! :bravo:

Janna

Yes, you can, and may I applaud right along with you? :bravo:

How wonderful, Linda. I'm so happy for you guys :kisses:

Janna

mstang67chic

Going Green
Sooooooo glad you guys had a nice weekend! Sounds like not only Kt had fun but Mom had a great time too!!! :salute:

And for Kt.......

:princess: :bravo: Great job kt!!!!!!!!!!!

natalie

Hi Linda, I haven't been on in ages but am so glad to hear of good things happening for you and the kids. You deserve every single good moment that comes your way.

natalie

Marguerite

That is really great news. It's good that it went well and you finished the weekend as a success. It makes more success more likely.

Marg

Wiped Out

Staff member
I'm doing the happy dance :princess:I was waiting to hear how things went-I couldn't be happier for you and ktbug :smile:

wakeupcall

Isn't it amazing how simple good behavior can make a mother feel? I'm SO glad you had a nice weekend, you deserve it (so does kt)!

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
That's wonderful, Linda. YAY, KT!!! :bravo:

(Who won the cookoff...and what was the award-winning recipe?)

Suz :smile:

kris

<span style="color: #990000">i'm so glad you & kt had such a good time. i know this family event is very important to you & your family. sounds like kt has made some great progress.

kris </span>

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Thanks all - kt is proud of herself, as she should be. It will be good to head back to Residential Treatment Center (RTC) with the report of kt's choices & behaviors over the weekend.

kt's biggest issue over the weekend was that people kept talking about my mom - sharing memories. It made kt so very sad - she spent an hour in our room just crying. It was an appropriate display of emotion for my ktbug.

There were hints of the "old" kt; however with the right medication combos & skills she has learned in Residential Treatment Center (RTC) & day treatment we're seeing a great deal of progress.

Now, if in home services can ever be "finalized" kt can come home from Residential Treatment Center (RTC) for good. It's just a matter of time.

by the way, Suz - my oldest niece won with her Chinese chicken wings. I can't remember who took 2nd & 3rd place, but it wasn't kt or myself - so does it really matter? :rofl:

There's always next year - Dad is leaning toward a chili cook off next year.

On_Call

Adding my heartfelt congrats and "wooo hoooo" to the others already posted here. :bravo:

How great it was to read that you and kt made the trip - and had such a successful visit!

I was smiling the whole time!! :smile:

So glad that it went so well, Linda! What great progress kt has made and continues to make.

:princess:Hugs!!