Can't BELIEVE my luck this week....

gcvmom

Here we go again!
We are SUPPOSED to be going to Hawaii this summer. I booked our flights back in November on two different airlines (mainland to Hawaii and inter-island) and got some great rates.

On Sunday, the airline for our inter-island flights, Aloha announced they were closing down and filing for bankruptcy -- it's possible United may be taking the particular flights I booked, but the phone lines have been swamped and I still don't know what's going on.

TODAY, the airline for our mainland to Hawaii flights, ATA annouced they were closing down and filing for bankruptcy!!! However, our only option here is to get a refund from our credit card company and start all over.

I'm just dreading the possibility that we're going to have to shell out MORE money since there are now two fewer airlines servicing the thousands of other people who were on those flights!!!

:919Mad:

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Just found out that somehow Aloha changed some of our tickets to a different date, so now my original ticket numbers don't match what United has in their system, so they're telling me I can't rebook until I find out the new ticket numbers... it just keeps getting better and better.

Wiped Out

Staff member
I'm sorry you are dealing with this. I hope you are able to find the tickets numbers and get things straightened out soon!

Star*

call 911........call 911
Find a good travel agent and save yourself the headache. :faint:

They don't cost like people think they do - and for the size of the headache you could avoid? WELL worth it.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Well, being the glutton for punishment that I am... I finally got it all rebooked, and yes, it is now considerably more expensive (especially since it's for 7 people). husband could care less, says it's only money, but stuff like this just bugs the crap out of me. I really feel like I got screwed...

Star*

call 911........call 911
GVC -

Enlighten me - YOU are going to Hawaii......you got screwed. What's the problem? lol

(Sending myself to the corner) dang. :full:

Gaaah! I hope it stays settled. Have you been to Hawaii before? I got to go once, and it is my wish that everyone gets to experience it once in their lives.

Enjoy yourself!!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
We've been two other times... once on our honeymoon, and once three years ago with the kids. This time, the in-laws are coming... hmmm, seems like we keep picking up people each time we go!

We'll, I'm done thinking/worrying about it. The next problem on my plate is getting our taxes finished and filed... ugh! DEFINITELY farming it out next year :)