Cant hold it in...I'm so happy!!!

easy child just got his SAT scores back. His scores give him a FREE RIDE to the college he wants to go to. Of course he has to get accepted there first. We met with his guidance counselor on Monday, she said the number is set in stone, no exceptions. He took it once and got 50 points under, today the score came back 10 points over!!!! He still has his senior year to complete,he can be interviewed in October, I'm so excited for him.

Yay!! I don't have to pay!!!!!!

Jody

Wow, that is great, great news. I can imagine you will be happy about that for a very long time. Exceptional good news. I am so happy for you and easy child. Way to go!!!!!!

witzend

Not sure what his plans are, but be sure he applies to the Ivy Leagues. Their scholarship programs are mind-boggling! Congratulations!

He's not going far, only to Stockton State College. He is smart but doesn't like to do homework, so his grades aren't great, still good..but not much effort goes into them. Now he's all excited and wants to do well, he has to, at this point.
He's going to live at home. This is the perfect thing for him. He just has to get in, now.
My older son, he goes away to Rutgers Engineering School, for him- he was a staight A student and I knew he would do well away from home. I feel like I need to keep my eye on this easy child, though.
He has no idea what he wants to do when he "grows up". If it was up to him, he'd play chess for a living. That's what he does now, but it's not very lucrative. He wins, but the prize money isn't enough.

Star*

call 911........call 911
HOT DIGGITY DOG!!!!!!!! (((((((Skidoo skibibble)))))) dance........HAPPY FOR YOU AND HIM!!!!!!!

klmno

It never hurts to apply to a few different places, even if a kid thinks they know for sure where they want to attend. And it's a good point about the Ivy League schools right now. He could still go where he wants, of course, even if he applied to 3 or 4.

svengandhi

That is awesome!

I completely get your description. He sounds just like my difficult child, right down to the playing chess and the good scores, not so good grades and the HW issues. Mine is also a rising senior, but has no clue where he wants to go.

Congrats! As the mother of one already in college, I know that this takes a weight off of you.