can't think of a title

house of cards

Yesterday I lost my sister. I don't have a clue what I am feeling, just that she left behind a family that needed her desperately. She committed suicide.
It was a very senseless and selfish act. I'm not mad at her but I do want anyone that has ever thought about doing it to open their eyes to all the suffering and pain the act leaves behind. And I'm asking for prayers for my brother in law and the kids left behind.

everywoman

I am so sorry for your loss. I will be praying that her husband and children are able to grieve and have support from a lot of people.

Lothlorien

I'm so sorry. You've written about her troubles and the difficulties she's had over the years. How very sad that she couldn't come out of the darkness. Our prayers are with you and your family.

Andy

I am so sorry. I will pray for those she left behind.

I believe many if not most of the people who commit suicide are in so much hurt. They really do not see another way in that moment. My heart breaks for her and the pain she suffered.

Yes, it is a selfish act. The person is really only focusing on themselves. Sometimes when the hurt or despair gets so deep we tend to just focus on ourselves to try to find the answers.

Reaching out to others is so important. We can not live in isolation. We can not always find the answers within ourselves. We need each other.

Hugs and strength.

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
It is sad indeed when a person is so desperate that they take their own life....... saying prayers for those left behind........ sad also that the living are the ones who have to deal with it for the rest of their lives........

trinityroyal

I am so very sorry for your loss.
Saying prayers for you, your brother in law and your sister's children.

Sending you many gentle hugs

Trinity

crazymama30

I am so sorry. My brother in law committed suicide and I remember what a bad time that was. My heart goes out to you and your family.

M

ML

I am so sorry to hear this. I can only imagine the deep pain she must have been in. I agree that it is a selfish act that leaves behind devastation in its wake. I pray for your brother in law and those kids that they will find healing. Love to you, ML

donna723

I am so very sorry for the loss of your sister. My son attempted to take his own life four years ago and came very close to succeeding. It is a selfish act but I think that most times, the person is in so much pain that they just don't see any other way out. Saying many prayers for the family.

rejectedmom

I was so sorry to hear of your sister's suicide. A death that occurs in this manner is especially hard on those left behind. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. -RM

I'm so, so sorry for your loss. I want to say something to comfort you, I'm so sorry for the family. -Alyssa