Changes in 2009...

klmno

We are having a windstorm- I can only hope that it is a Higher Power blowing out everything bad from 2008!! Good Ridance, as far as I'm concerned!

So, this made me think of all that I'm expecting to change in 2009 and I was wondering what good things others' foresee changing over the next year...

Here's my list so far:

1) A new president and an end to 8 years that I don't consider to be very successful

2) difficult child will move from middle school to high school (presumably)

3) The economy will reach a turning point and start gradually improving (ok- that one might be pushing optimism)

4) difficult child will either sink or swim- he'll either break another law and be turned over to state Department of Juvenile Justice or he will not and he'll be released from probation

5) difficult child will get a job!! (well- it will be volunteer work, but still it's a place to start- he'll be 14 yo in 2 weeks so he will legally be able to volunteer and he's really looking forward to it!)

6) The question of getting help in the home or making major changes will be answered- I just hope that it's an answer I can live peacefully with

Anyone else?????

Abbey

Spork Queen
Great thoughts, KLMO.

I have two.

1) easy child daughter addresses her weight issue. She's happy, but I am concerned.

2) I find the strength to do what I know I need to do and the ability to pull it off.

Abbey

everywoman

Good idea:

1. difficult child will realize that giving up marijuana will greatly improve his life and save him a lot of money.
2. PCdaughter will continue to recover and be able to find a new path in life. And the military will compensate her for her injuries.
3. New granddaughter---found out today it's a girl---will be healthy.
4. JJ will continue to be healthy and happy and not be too jealous of baby sister.
5. PCson and daughter in law will be able to buy a home.
6. husband will be satisfied with his job.
7. NCLB is repealed and never talked about again.

M

ML

I will have achieved healthy living goals
difficult child will tackle his weight issue and swimming will be his "thing"
The economy takes a turn for the better
End to the war
My cd friends all have their wishes come true

So maybe I'm a bit enthusiastic but might as well reach for the stars here. Great thread KLMNO.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I love this - what nice lists!

Mine are:

1) easy child has decided to go back to school so she can become a Home Economics teacher at the HS level. I'm very happy about this.

2) H will start on the interior of our upper addition and maybe by year's end we can move our bedroom upstairs! And I will have a new kitchen!

3) I am hoping to take my job in a new direction.

4) I am hopeful that difficult child will grow and up and get her you-know-what together.

Jena

KLMNO - Great idea :)

Ok, everyone have an hour?? LOL Just kidding......

1. difficult child realizes that she is ok and strong enough in herself to maintain while I fly the coop a little bit and go back to work to support them.

2. easy child realizes her worth, her beauty inside (not out), her numerous strengths and endless potential and starts making better choices for herself.

3. That I go back to being my old rainbow in sky self again now. :)

4. That our new president kicks some major butt. that the economy is strengthened slowly so that others do not suffer from unemployment and struggling to put food on their tables.

5. That I am able to make any difference, not only here at home but for others in lives of families i'll be working with.

6. That i get a puppy after seeing Marley and Me :)

7. That everyone here has a much better year, filled with with happiness and clarity. Saved the best for last :)

whose next??

Andy

1. That difficult child will make smooth transition from small private school to large public school.

2. That easy child will find a college or votech or business school to attend.

3. That easy child will get a good paying job.

4. That my new office space will be big enough for my files. I have already been asked for info that I threw away last month in preparation of downsizing storage space. UGH!

KTMom91

1. Miss KT will graduate from high school in June and start college in August.

2. Miss KT will find a job she enjoys and can hang on to.

3. I get healthier, slimmer, and my blood sugar goes down.

4. Hubby and the boys will finish the garage and the piles of Hubby's stuff will be neatly tucked away where I don't have to trip over them or see them at all!

5. Son #2 and KL will realize their dreams of being parents. Even though I think I'm too young to be a grandma.

6. Hubby's job continues to be stable.

7. I'll echo EW's about NCLB. I won't make my speech here.

Steely

That 2008 comes full circle from 2009.

That love instead of hate is poured into my life.

That gain instead of loss is poured into my life.

That difficult child finally becomes the man that I know he can be. That he comes into his own, and realizes his potential, his place, his destiny.

That the above three hopes are also fulfilled to all of my CD family.

That our world becomes peaceful & not at war.

And that our country is finally able to take care of its people, with health care for all, jobs, and with a leadership and gusto that supersedes any other era that we have known as a country.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
!. Nichole to complete enough of her paramedic traning to MOVE OUT by spring quarter.

2. Nichole to MOVE OUT by spring quarter

(can anyone tell I'm ready for Nichole to MOVE OUT ??) :rofl:

3. To finally stop babysitting grandkids after oh...about 9 years of doing so and having my own life.

4. Being able to focus all my energy on the nursing program in order to graduate next winter quarter with both that under my belt and hopefully an associates degree along with it. (degree won't be in nursing but may still be in appied Sciences)

5. Graduating the nursing program and finally being able to give husband the heave ho, unless he does a drastic personality change between now and then. lol :D

gcvmom

Here we go again!
My hopes involve health and stability:

Physical, Mental, Spiritual, Financial.

We have been very poor in all of these areas the last few years.

I want to enjoy a mundane, everyday life. No drama. No emergencies.

Just simplicity.