Charges dropped

carolanne

As so many of you suggested, I contacted my lawyer and turned myself in. I was finger printed, photographed and searched and placed in a holding cell for a couple hours. My lawyer had me released the same day and has been a dream ever since.

I gave him all the info I had including websites that difficult child posts to all the time. He showed up in court this morning and was able to show that toadboy was the idiot behind it as difficult child had posted a bragging blog about doing in her mom and calling the police cause he said she should. I never got to see the postings but the judge said there more than enough there to charge them with mischief, slander, and defamation of character.

He asked if I would be alright if they were charged as she was still my daughter...I looked that judge right in the eye and said my daughter left my heart and home three years ago. This person is not known to me and needs to learn that when you try to play adult sometimes you get burned.

He dismissed all charges and I am now looking for a new home.

Thank you to everyonefor the support...I honestly don't know what I would do without all of you:):)

Big hugs to everyone

Carolanne

SONS GONE WILD

Moms goin' crazy
Although I don't post too much I've been following your story. I am so glad this worked out favorably, but sorry you had to go through it. Even happier your difficult child and toadboy may have to pay the consequences. This could be any one of us, so I really sympathize. Take care of yourself.

trinityroyal

Carolanne,

I'm so glad to hear that the charges were dropped, and that difficult child and Toadboy will receive consequences for their hurtful and destructive actions toward you.

I wish you and your family all the best with finding a new home. Are you planning to leave the city entirely? Given everything, a fresh start is probably best for all of you.

Positive thoughts and prayers to you and yours.
Trinity

meowbunny

I'm so glad that everything worked out to your favor. I'm sorry it has come to such a turn of events for you and your daughter because I do believe you still love her -- it shows in your actions and words. Many warm, gentle hugs to you.

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Thanks for the update.....sorry you had to spend one minute in jail, simply ridiculous!!! You have a court record now of their vindictiveness, so any further attempts would likely go nowhere.....at least I would hope that is true..... Thinking of you as you look for a new space and hope she doesn't find you.

Steely

YAY! I am so relieved for you! OMG!

I wish you luck in your search for a new home! I know it must be hard, but I think it is so the right decision.

How are you other 2 kiddos holding up with all of this?

donna723

Carolanne, I'm so sorry you had to go through all that. Sounds like the tide's turning though! I'm glad that the judge saw through it all and that they will be charged for what they've done. Sounds like a good old fashioned lesson for both of them that we are all responsible for our actions and that there are serious consequences for making poor choices. Is Toad Boy still in jail from the hospital incident? Won't he be surprised when he receives the additional charges! :surprise:Oh, to be a fly on the wall!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Carolanne

I'm glad charges were dropped and that nasty part is behind you. And I'm positively thrilled the judge is going to have toadboy and difficult child face consequences for their actions.

Good luck on the house hunting. I'm sorry that toadboy has such influence over difficult child to make it necessary. But then she also has a choice over if she wants to follow his direction.

I'm sure that even though you've reached your limit and are fed up completely that it still hurts your heart to have to make the move. And I'm truely sorry that it's necessary for you to have peace.

((((hugs))))

Star*

call 911........call 911
Carolanne,

You had a lot of us in that cell with you. (wasn't the air so cold?) lol.

Listen despite all that has happened and since I don't know Canadian law - can you have this expunged and your record sealed?

Here in the US in some counties you can go on line and just type in a name and viola - instant public information - at one point fingerprints, social security and address with phone and work. Our Supreme court did away with a lot of that via the internet, but worth a check to get this dismissed AND erased.

I have a good feeling about your move. I think it will be a very unexpected joy and very easy.

Hugs
Star

witzend

I'm glad it turned out well, and sorry that you have to go through this. It's not a happy time, but it's a relief, I'm sure. Do you own your home? I hope you will not take a loss. Maybe you will be able to trade up?

I hate moving!

susiestar

Roll With It
I am so sorry you had to go through all of that. It was terribly wrong that you had to be fingerprinted, searched, and spend time in a cell. Sometimes justice is not all it is cracked up to be.

I am so glad your lawyer is great. AND that you got a judge who realized what was going on. Good for you, saying that charging your daughter is fine.

I know you love her. I know it hurts a ton. But it sounds as though you are doing what you need to do to protect yourself and to move on.

I wish you luck in househunting!

Susie

mstang67chic

Going Green
I'm so glad to hear the charges were dropped but so, so sorry you had to go through any of it.

I really don't know what to say about you and husband moving to get away from difficult child. I'll just say that I hope you find a wonderful town and a lovely new home.

Hugs.

CrazyinVA

Staff member
Whew. I'm so glad you can put part of this behind you now. When I was 21, my parents moved to get away from my oldest brother. They moved 500 miles and three states away. He followed them years later.. but, he was a much different kind of difficult child than your daughter, weaseling his way into their life and wanting money and support (he's 54 now, and still homeless and refuses to work, my parents are both deceased). At any rate.. I just wanted to say understand moving to get away from the madness.. I pray it brings you some peace.

DazedandConfused

I'm so sorry you had to spend one nano-second in that holding cell. However, I would really like to see Toadidiot and difficult child be held accountable.

You know, sometime I really hate the internet because of what I have gone through with Daughter. On the other hand, I see how their rantings completely showed their true colors and benefitted you. And there it is all in writing. Ain't no denying it.

I hope you are able to find a new home and begin anew ASAP.

((((hugs))))

KTMom91

Carolanne, so glad the charges were dropped! Moving is a pain, so I hope you find the perfect peaceful for place for you and your family. Sending hugs...

Abbey

Spork Queen
Just shaking my head. I'm so glad you were released, but so sad you are having to go through this.

Abbey