Chickens do NOT share!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Herbert's getting a bit posessive of her feed it seems.

This morning a pair of mourning doves landed to snack on the seed the kids scattered by the coop. Herbert was about 25 feet away, and the second they landed she started quickly towards them and almost stepped on one to shoo them away! The pair rose up a few feet and tried to land again, but she lunged for them again.

Pretty dang funny thing to see! :rofl:

I think she's relaxing and adjusting to her new home pretty well now. Whenever she sees me she starts to softly cluck and call... very cute. She's got lots of feathers coming back in and is recovering pretty well from her old abusive home. Looks like she's going to be a funky mix of grey and tan with some flecks of black.

Yup, that's one funky chicken! :D

Abbey

Spork Queen
Chickens are very stubborn and territorial. I'm not surprised at his actions.

My birds do kind of the same thing. If I give them a treat, the young boys will gobble it down, then try to steal whoever hasn't finished. When I put them outside in their cages, I also put birdseed out for the other birds. It drives them NUTS that the other birds have food and they do not. They've already had their morning goodies. Trust me...they're not starving. Right now there are hummingbirds, sparrows and pidgeons surrounding their cages eating. They are screaming up a storm.

Abbey