Cleanup at the zoo

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I decided to load up and haul off the appliances and, ahem....*stuff*....I've been griping about being here. I'm not strong enough to load them into the truck alone yet - its too tall; so I loaded them into the stock trailer. easy child 1 just called and is off today and offered to help me finish loading the stuff and haul it off for me. YAY!!! And, he'll get a little money, cause he'll have time to take some of it to the scrap yard instead of just to the landfill. MORE YEAH!

So, since he has time, I decided to load up the other recyclables to send with him.

husband tends to...oh, shoot, call a spade a spade. husband already hoards some things. Tires and batteries. If there is ANY life left in them, he will bring them home. We have probably 40 old tires around here, but I was after the batteries today. WITHOUT LOOKING, in less than 10 minutes, I came up with 15 old car batteries that are junk. NOT COUNTING the ones he's using on various contraptions.

The recycling place pays about $8 each.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I'm picturing this... And you're right about the zoo thing.

Your husband is probably going to fall over...

donna723

Really, anything you have that can be sold for scrap metal should bring in $$$.

My son and his friends sometimes go to auto auctions and buy up some of those big ol' ancient gas guzzling cars that no one would want to drive and get them for almost nothing. They take off all the salvagable parts and anything that they can resell, then take what's left and sell it for scrap metal. There's A LOT of metal in those old cars and they get a whole lot more for it as scrap than what they originally paid for the whole car at the auction, plus whatever they can get from the parts they salvaged off of it.

susiestar

Roll With It
Good for you!! I hope that husband doesn't have a hissy and upset you when he gets home. if he does, tell him that every minute he has a hissy or grumps at your or is unpleasant is another load of trash you will haul off. Then, as you can, DO IT. I found out with Wiz that this worked incredibly well on his wrapper and packaging hoarding, plus his rotten food hoarding. If he had a blowup, I would go back in the next time he wasn't home and take out anohter garbage bag of koi.

I am glad that easy child gets some $$. maybe if husband knew you could get that much for some of this piles of koi he would take them away himself.

Or maybe he would rent a storage unit for $25 a month to store it where you couldn't get to it!!

Star*

call 911........call 911
OHHHHHHhh i'm so envious - THIS is why DF won't leave the ranch! He's so afraid I'd clean and haul.

and he is so right.

He's also afraid I'd call Holmes on homes.

and he is.........well if I could get Holmes.............(insert very evil thought - about remodeling fantasies) ------:imok:---------:flirtysmile3:

I'm telling you - getting older has it's advantages- it's a cheap cheap thrill when just thinking about a NEW hollow core door 'does it' for you.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I'm making my own plans. I just need to get rid of husband for about a week. Why oh why couldn't the man hunt or fish or something?

Good for you!

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
You are so right, skeeter.and good hiding spots for snakes cause you know they get moved and mowed under....lol

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
We need to find a couple of people to come clean, organize and haul off junk.

Then Star's DF, Lisa & Shari's DHs, and my husband can go canoeing or camping???

STEP!!! That's the greatest idea, instead of US is getting together- let's plan a get-together for our husband's and df's! We'll get them out of our hair for awhile, wo-hooo! Some of us will clean, some of us can not make dinner or pick up underwear from the floor! Where should they meet (not NJ)?

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I've got it!!!!

DaisyFace's husband can run classes for the rest of our men. We'll kidnap HER and send the boys to her husband!!!

TerryJ2

Oh, my!
Yes, wear thick gloves and tall boots.
And make some good money. :)

One of husband's cousins (in the moutains, no less, yes, the stereotype) was a little slo-w-w, and he hoarded. (No, hoarders are not slow. THIS guy was both.) One thing he hoarded was tiny little, itty bitty glass mugs with-handles. They were thick like Ball glass jars. There were hundreds of them. The family got rid of them and I wracked my brains, trying to come up with-an idea for them. I mean, a creative person with-a garage could have had free stock.
Yrs later, now I have a million ideas, one of which is to drill a hole and feed twinkle lights into them, another is to fill them with-colored sand ...

But if we all saved everyone else's junk, we'd end up not using it, and then we'd have to get rid of it and it would go around and around ...

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Oh love it. I have thought about organizing play dates for husband. I've offered to pay easy child to take him fishing just so he'd go away! Lol
But training from df's husband? Oh yeah. Sign him up!